HG tropical boards...mint and unissued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG tropical boards...mint and unissued

Hey guys, with refocusing my collecting on shoulder boards/straps the last few months I've gained a lot of knowledge and some GREAT boards! Tropical items I'm still learning and I'd like some other opinions on these boards. The seller is VERY trusted and has a wealth of knowledge with boards and other cloth insignia. These boards were in a tied bundle at one point. To me they look ABSOLUTELY spot on. Thanks for your opinions in advance!
    Attached Files

More pics

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

More pics

And more...n
      Attached Files

Comment

Fake boards. Yuck.

Comment

Yuck sums it up nicely....
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Even me being a shoulder board collector...I can't just say fake...what are your reasons for saying fake?

Comment

Save your money

Comment

Originally posted by ZF4Kurzpatrone View Post
                Even me being a shoulder board collector...I can't just say fake...what are your reasons for saying fake?
                For starters, does anyone any where have a beyond doubt veteran brought back HG tropical shoulder board in tan twill ???

Never seen a 101% tan original in any collection or among veteran acquired items. However, I am sure John Hodgin will soon put me right on that if my experience in the matter is too narrow.

Then there is the finer points of these brand new looking boards saying "beware minefield",

Chris

Comment

Agree one look fakes Did the faker just run out of wool ?

Comment

Bob Lyons has a nice jacket with twill NCO boards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Board...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Those are not the same boards.

Btw, great tunic Bob!

Some very knowledgeable people are trying to help you. Together they have way more than 100 years of experience collecting shoulder boards.....

The path you choose to take on your new collecting venture is up to you.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by ZF4Kurzpatrone View Post
                          Bob Lyons has a nice jacket with twill NCO boards.
                          They look to be faded blue twill which was used for summer/ tropical wear. I have no problem with white piped HG boards made from blue twill. They are very rare but they made them during WW2.

However, the Holy Grail which no one can find is LW tan twill with white piping for HG,

Chris

Comment

Willi,
                            I do appreciate the help. I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm trying to be thorough and get more info other than hearing fake....I'm not a new collector,I have just refocused my collecting...........Chris, THANK YOU for being more informative with your response!

Comment

I have a pair of HG shirt boards right from the source with white piping. I have posted them before on another thread a few years back.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...pical+shoulder

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                              For starters, does anyone any where have a beyond doubt veteran brought back HG tropical shoulder board in tan twill ???

Never seen a 101% tan original in any collection or among veteran acquired items. However, I am sure John Hodgin will soon put me right on that if my experience in the matter is too narrow.

Then there is the finer points of these brand new looking boards saying "beware minefield",

Chris
                              Last edited by galizien41; 12-16-2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X