Marksmanship Lanyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marksmanship Lanyards

I picked up a couple of lanyards in a group of items I bought and plan to list them for sale on the estand. I wanted to post them for comments first though, as I know very little about these and I know they are reproduced. I have one 1st and one 2nd type, both in grade 1, and that is about the extent of my knowledge. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Terry
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Last 2 of 1st type
      Attached Files

Comment

First 2 pf 2nd type
        Attached Files

Comment

2 more.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last 2, and thanks again.
            Attached Files

Comment

These look fine to me Terry. Hope you are staying warm in Illinois tonight, it's awfully cold in my part of the state!

Comment

IMO they both have issues.

The first example could be an original as it has the correct number of loops (14), but the tail end is too long.

The second example only has 13 loops and definitely not a period original.

Mark

Comment

What to think about this one? Also bad? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=891115

Regards, Wim
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I may not be counting correctly but I count the same number of loops or knots on both examples - 14.

Terry

Originally posted by MLH13 View Post
                    IMO they both have issues.

The first example could be an original as it has the correct number of loops (14), but the tail end is too long.

The second example only has 13 loops and definitely not a period original.

Mark

Comment

Both are good early lanyards. The first one shown is a 1st pattern 1st Grade and the second lanyard is a 5th Grade. Note the "elaborate" wreath which distinguishes it from a 1st-4th grade.

Neither have had the protective backing applied to the reverse which could indicate these were early production prior to the regulation which required the lanyards have the protective backing applied retroactively (if already in the company) or manufactured as such.

Gary B
                      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thank you very much for that information Gary. So is a 5th grade is a little harder to find? I really appreciate your help as well as the comments from others.

Cheers,
                        Terry

Comment

Hi Terry,

Yes, a higher grade and harder to find.

Gary B

Comment

Relooking this thread I noticed that the knots (above and below the shield) on the 5th grade example are not typical for a lanyard. Note the knots on the 1st grade and see the difference. I still count 14 loops on the 5th grade.

Gary B

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X