Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schutzenschnur

Hi everyone,

Can I please have opinions on this Schutzenschnur? And what are the stories about the upgraded Bundeswehr examples with a brown cloth backing?

Regards, Wim
    Attached Files
    Freedom is not for Free

next...
    Attached Files
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Original example of a 1st pattern 1st grade with no protective backing on the reverse of the lanyard.

Gary B
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Looks like you have an original lanyard with most likely replaced oval padding behind the rosette.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hi Wim,

I have a nice original 1st pattern schutzenschnur with the same kind of replacement backing behind the rosette. When I posted it in the forum, I was told that this type of replacement backings are most likely from post-war Bundeswehr lanyards.

This lanyard is 100% original, and because of oxidisation, it is frozen into its curved shape, but the original backing on the rosette was probably eaten by moths.

All the best,

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

I haven't studied or owned any postwar lanyards, but the ones that I've seen had a different type of knot above and below the shield. They may have been later types however, and the ones in the early post-war years were probably very similar or identical to the wartime ones, but with a different badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X