No announcement yet.

'M45' Feldbuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...same buttons, same cut; not a coat either, not coat thickness unmodified latewar tunic imo, based on waf thread items shown. leave for other waf members to consider. thanks for your interest and thoughts.
    Last edited by corporalSteiner; 12-03-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

most likely same as this. Yours is blue not feldgrau. Cut flakhelper.

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=4341

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
        most likely same as this. Yours is blue not feldgrau. Cut flakhelper.

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=4341
        similar. thanks. but imo not same. features are diff. internal side lining, pocket flaps. and colour. this thread starter may even be black.

Comment

more pics of end of tunic, front corner...
          Attached Files

Comment

more...perhaps bottom horizontal stitching does have slight profile difference to the main vertical...
            Attached Files

Comment

IMO a "M45" in feldgrau which has been dyed in black and not correctly undyed, giving this LW blue cloth appearance .
              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                IMO a "M45" in feldgrau which has been dyed in black and not correctly undyed, giving this LW blue cloth appearance .
                Nick
                yes. alot of fieldgrey uniforms were dyed neutral black after the war. this was my feeling. cant find any flak helper uniforms like this, features consistant-wise.

Comment

IMO, whatever this was has been modified - cuffs are cut off and finished with simple folded stitches and pocket details changed at the same time the item has the waist band added. So yes, those details are not present on the finished product and have been removed.

Note the fabric strip in the neck of your jacket and the pocket flap reinforcing strips, like shown in the link that was posted of a similarly modified jacket. M45's vary in style, but the fabric in the neck is not a feature you typically see.

To me, the wool does look thicker and generally higher grade that what I have seen on tunics - and the lack of markings are not coincidental for something that is supposed to be factory produced.

Besides the linked conversion tunic, here's a few more fabricated late war jackets sold on Ebay by just one of a number of fabricators.

I got my first M44 in 1977, and it was cheap. Since then, the prices have made it worth it to really put the effort into fooling collectors - you know this, so I hope I don't come off as preachy. If it were me, I would pass on this jacket and wait for one that has not been fooled with.

s/f Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Second example, same dealer -
                    Attached Files

Comment

hi and thanks. mixed bag of short tunics...my thread starter has thin wool befitting tunic not coat. there is a mixed grain to the wool, as per late war recycled. im surprised amongst waf there are apparently no m45 owners. even moderators on other threads...to moderate is to manage AND have expertise, right? perhaps. or even have first hand knowledge. alas, respectfully, no such 'yoda' figures have yet stepped forward. swiping ebay frankenstein items into view is interesting. but the tunic in hand has all the characteristics of the m45s ive posted in the first page here. where are the m45 community members? surfing other forums? at the centre of a late war tunic thread there awaits further input here on the garment in hand. does anyone have BL Davis' phone number? what of the hbt material? this for me chimes with wss stuff/italian sourced material. were glass buttons integral to m45s? the ones shown on p1 of this thread all have them. as they do the pocket shape, unbuttoned scallop, placement and simple absence of frills. did luft flak helferin jackets have internal pockets? this one doesnt, nor shows any trace. the m45s on p1 dont either. i guess waf packs very few members with m45 close combat clasps, so to speak, with respect, although we should all equally wish we had. its a fascinating last splinter in the fragments of german war uniformary. not even a luft helferin tunic internal shot comparison, or details. that too would be of use. its clear there is room here, in this little tunic, and by no means imo is this lufthelferin solution option cut and dried. again though, all contributions and efforts greatly appreciated :^) by this fellow waf community member.

Comment

It can be frustrating waiting for input on such items. Mike's contact info is in the link; just send him your question and he'll get back to you.

I have owned two M45's, both different in subtle ways. I have around 5 M44s and a number of 1945-dated tunics. I hope yours turns out to be original, but I don't believe it is. It may not be cut down from a youth flak coat, the suggestion is simply that it was cut down from something.

Hope I'm wrong!

regards, Robert

Comment

Thank you for the link and hope, Robert! which link, re Mike, sorry? Mike Davis...ok. and BL Davis?

Comment

It's the link on the first page of the posts; Mike Davis (dealer) not Brian Davis (author) - but both have tons experience with such tunics.

Send PMs to those you consider experts and ask them as well - many people just don't want to risk having rocks thrown at them over opinions but will provide opinions privately.

Good luck!

s/f robert

Comment

Agree with Robert and would definitely consult Mike Davis

-Jeremy

Comment

clear as day...cloth and liner characteristicsof tunic as with these ss kz made service trousers, currently on estand. hbt, backing cloth and buttons.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X