Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correction

Originally Posted by Mark Gibson
    That explains why he pulled out of a deal. Why am I not surprised.
    No Mark, that's totally incorrect. I offered you the jacket six months ago and the deal did not proceeded due to reasons we discussed at the time.

Last month you posted German Helmet Walhalla forum

Originally Posted by Mark Gibson
    A few things have recently made me rethink collecting and I've decided that I'm going to get out of the collecting game for good...Mark Gibson
    Saw no reason to contact you about the jacket as you no longer collecting militaria

Mike that's a beautiful jacket, looking forward to seeing a photograph yours and Bobs side by side one day.

Mark S
    Last edited by msteve21; 11-24-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Outstanding Wrapper!

It's a real beauty IMHO. I see no problem with the National emblem as well.
      With the 4th Company buttons I see this as a tanker's jacket as in the pre-war period the Aufklärungs-Abteilungs had their armored assets in the 1st & 2nd Companies and the Panzerabwehr Companies had no SP vehicles at all. Only towed anti-tank guns with their crews wearing standard field service uniforms.
      Also appears to me from your photos that no shoulder strap numbers were ever applied to these straps which was not totally uncommon in the late 1930s as well.
      BRAVO FOR YOU
      Mike

Comment

Mark and Mike,

Thanks for comments and further info.

I was considering the merits or otherwise of applying numerals to the straps but it's probably best to leave things alone, especially if plain straps were evident at the time.

Mike

Comment

Don't Mess With History

Mike,
          Right decision not to add numbers to the shoulder straps of a wrapper that never had any. As there are no unit markings you don't know if it was 4./Panzer-Rgt. 1 or 4./Panzer-Rgt. 2. Best to leave it as you got it.
          All the best,
          Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X