Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Tropical Medical officer - mannequin. Finally !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Tropical Medical officer - mannequin. Finally !

Attached Files

Hello,
    I want to post my new collection member because finally I find some mannequins...All is made from original parts, only eagle was a little bit discused about originality and seems to be post war....
    Attached Files

Comment

Did medical officers wear sidearms?

Comment

They did often wear sidearms especially in front line areas.

Comment

I like your tunic. Only the mannequin needs some sunlight

Comment

Stripped 2nd model tunic, when was the officer's insignia added postwar is anybody's guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
              Stripped 2nd model tunic, when was the officer's insignia added postwar is anybody's guess...
              Based on these images, how can one tell if it was stripped or not ?

I have seen a tropical tunic from an deceased estate in German which was complete with its officer insignia as it was worn during the war. In that case the officer bullion eagle was sewn over the tropical EM eagle.

Perhaps Aries22 can tell us how he found the tunic and if it was restored or not,

Chris

Comment

Well from these few photos your right how can one be sure of anything ? Jacket looks to have little use, insignia does not appear to have been there 70+ years. Fake eagle puts all the insignia application into question.

Almost all (90%) surviving tropical tunics with officers insignia are put together post war. That is the common consensus among tropical collectors today. Unless it has provenance or is faded, worn, etc is it assumed to be post war souped-up, The fact that it has a fake eagle does not help it either....

Comment

We discused this tunic before some time and it has post war aded insignia and fake eagle by the coments...and it comes from my friends private collection, only he gives me full guarantee on all parts, but eagle can be easily replaced.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=823326&page=2

Comment

Fair enough,

a put together in this case. I was intrigued as to how such a definite conclusion could be made but I can see how now.

It seems to be generally assumed these days that most tunics have reapplied insignia since the war. However, there is the odd one that is actually untouched and exactly as it was during WW2.

But not this one,

Chris

Comment

Maybe should have mentioned i have had the advantage in having seen better pics before

Comment

And now he is at home
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X