re-used, adopted uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-used, adopted uniform?

Gentelmen, could you help me with that uniform-jacket please?

Is this a re-used austrian uniform, which was adopted after the "Anschluss" or maybe something else with original german insignia just sewn to it?

Thank you very much!

Ostmaerker
    Attached Files

Bone stock German in style/cut....with German style "French cuffs"...
    The pocket flaps might be a little bit more curved but that doesn't make it Austrian and modified. (Austrian tailored perhaps)
    Austrian uniforms usually have a seem above the pocket flaps see red! which are also more shallow (and internal pockets)...
    Here is an image of a conversion tunic from the Austrian military history museum (Vienna) with typical batwing pocket flaps,
    the button slits with exposed buttons is another typical "German look" modification!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 10-27-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

as for, me its very German uniform

Comment

Are there numbers on the shoulder boards? This for me also is a German jacket. The pocket flaps are most often found on Austrian tunics but I have seen them also on German tailor made tunics for men I know were from northern Germany etc.

Comment

I'm also leaning towards this being German-made.
          Looks like a pretty great tunic. Do you have more detailed pictures?

-Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Kengir View Post
            I'm also leaning towards this being German-made.
            Looks like a pretty great tunic. Do you have more detailed pictures?

-Jeremy
            No a thread, not a stitch is Austrian, no internal pockets, all external and bellowed, exposed buttons etc...100% bone stock German design.
            In which country it was tailored is another matter! unknown, but what is known is that its completely German in style! Not modified/adopted! Compare!
            The uniform that I posted in #2 on the other hand, is an altered Austrian garment worn by an officer.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-28-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Those Austrian tunics are almost ridiculous to look at...

-Jeremy

Comment

This enlisted (NCO) light weight version was posted on WAF before! (Theodore)
                Note collar modification and exposed buttons alteration including the added pocket flap slits.
                The 2nd image is a similar tunic but totally unmodified, stand up collar (pulled down), hidden buttons
                and breast eagle, officer ranks shoulder boards added...
                All Austrian uniforms, wool, cotton, officer, enlisted have these exact same tailoring traits, absent on the uniform that started this thread.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 10-28-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Not all Austrian tunics have these traits but most do. There is another style that is not often seen without flared pocket flaps and a single tip on the end.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, of course I will post better and more detailed pictures!!!

Ostmaerker

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X