griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzer shooting lanyard, opinions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer shooting lanyard, opinions please?

Hi guys, looking to buy this one, but before I do that would like to hear if this is ok or not, to me honestly looks legit, but I could be wrong, look forward to hearing about your comments, regards, Juan
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The lanyard and Panzer shield look to be an original; however, most likely the Panzer shield has been added post war.

I say that because the prongs on the Panzer shield go through the wool backing on the rosette. The whole purpose of the wool backing was to protect the uniform from chaffing by the prongs, which in this example, does not happen.

Comment

+1
          Nick

Comment

Hi Tim, very interesting and it makes sense. This is then a no no for me, although original pieces the whole item has not been either assembled as it should have nor during the right war time frame, thus has no value to me, regards, Juan
            Originally posted by Tim Curley View Post
            The lanyard and Panzer shield look to be an original; however, most likely the Panzer shield has been added post war.

I say that because the prongs on the Panzer shield go through the wool backing on the rosette. The whole purpose of the wool backing was to protect the uniform from chaffing by the prongs, which in this example, does not happen.
            Last edited by jlga; 10-23-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X