Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer uniforms with NCO shoulder boards

Hello Gentlemen,

I came across these portraits and I noticed these soldiers have Wehrmacht officer uniforms with NCO shoulder boards.

I wondered if any of you guys could help me figure out what it is? Which rank they actually had? In which case they were issued and used, when (early, mid or late war) and how they got this rank and so on.

Could you please help me with that? Because I'm actually strugling with the question for a while now...

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,

vonleonhausen

anwaerter

they are officer candidates. as such they are allowed officer cap cord & insignia as well as portepee and i believe, officer dagger

Comment

Originally posted by echoe View Post
      they are officer candidates. as such they are allowed officer cap cord & insignia as well as portepee and i believe, officer dagger
      Hi, Thanks for your answer!

Were they the FahnenJunkers? Or how were they ranked/named?

Because I have a few pictures of officer candidates that are in full NCO uniform (see pictures bellow), so what is the difference between the two?

Comment

The rank (officer candidate/ fahriche) you are reffering to has different levels. The pictures shown, representing the different grades. It is complicated so try this link and look under " officers" ranks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranks_...1945)#Officers

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
          The rank (officer candidate/ fahriche) you are reffering to has different levels. The pictures shown, representing the different grades. It is complicated so try this link and look under " officers" ranks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranks_...1945)#Officers
          Hi JacquesF, Thank you for your answer!

I think the soldiers that I first pictured were Oberfähnriche, or Senior ensign. It was the last step before becoming a Leutnant if I'm right.

Thank to you both for your fast replies and for the help, I'm a big step further now!

Best wishes,

vonleonhausen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X