• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36 tunic help

Hello Guys,

I would appreciate your opinion on this one

thanks,

Can you post pictures showing the entire body lining and the top parts of sleeve lining.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks like an issue enlisted tunic which has been heavily altered for an officer. I have never seen an EM tunic altered like this, but I kind of like it. Steve
          Last edited by airborne_steve; 10-21-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Are the sleeve linings insulated too? Looks like an issue tunic (as Steve noted) that has been modified with a quilted lining from another garment added for extra warmth. They did something similar to this by making tunics from greatcoat with a full lining. I think it was a model M42 and they added the dark green collar as well as the pleated pockets to make it look more like an M36 style.

Comment

Altered and re-stamped by a tailor in Hannover...Looks like a issue M-41 (6 button front) with a dark collar added to me.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

The stamps are both issue depot and maker markings. The lining has been taken from something else and sewn into the jacket. I had a tunic once that had a flannel lining sewn into it for added warmth.

Comment

I like it & as said officers tunic altered for extra warmth, I have that same tailors name in a pair of M39 nco trousers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do you guys think that the stamp schu
                    stand for any type of military school?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Kullmer View Post
                      I like it & as said officers tunic altered for extra warmth, I have that same tailors name in a pair of M39 nco trousers

Gentlemen, I've noticed many garment stamps with the spelling 'Lago' but far less with the spelling "Ligo". Does anyone know the meaning of these? I'm assuming they are interchangeable terms?

Comment

Originally posted by JuanS View Post
                        Do you guys think that the stamp schu
                        stand for any type of military school?
                        This marking is the location of the manufacturer (Niederschlesien). Nice tunic btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rheinmetall View Post
                          Gentlemen, I've noticed many garment stamps with the spelling 'Lago' but far less with the spelling "Ligo". Does anyone know the meaning of these? I'm assuming they are interchangeable terms?
                          LaGo was the abbreviation of "union of taylors" or something like that
                          Never seen a Ligo though
                          Notis

Comment

Originally posted by siton12 View Post
                            LaGo was the abbreviation of "union of taylors" or something like that.It was followed by the town i.e. Hessen Wien and so forth
                            Never seen a Ligo though....
                            Notis

Comment

Very cool and unique lining.
                              For having not seen anything quite like this, I really like it!
                              It seems a legitimate desire to further insulate a tunic for colder weather.

-Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X