Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzerschutzmütze at the end of the war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerschutzmütze at the end of the war?

Hello folks!

I am a collector of 1/6 figures. A while ago I came across someone selling a custom figure looking like this (http://imgur.com/a/zmTOF) for a low price, and so I bought it. Sadly he didn't assemble the items and couldn't tell me anything about the idea behind it.

Now, although I am (unlike you guys) far from an expert, historically the figure makes no sense to me. As far as I know the black Panzerschutzmütze/Panzerbarett stopped being produced somewhere in 1941 (and only remained in use among Panzer 38t crews and (co)drivers of MTW vehicles and the Sd.Kfz. 251) and the hooded parka in Telo Mimetico camo only entered service in the winter of 1944/1945 (Battle of the Bulge & Budapest?).
    Please do correct me wherever I am wrong.

So... what I was wondering is: is this loadout pure fantasy or is there it remotely plausible that a Panzermann held on to his panzer beret until the end of the war, and that a soldier was really outfitted like this around 1945? Are there any photographs / accounts of Wehrmacht soldiers (or SS-men) wearing panzer berets at the end of the war?

I am looking forward to any information and thanks in advance !! :-D

P.S. Under his parka he wears a Splittermuster Zeltbahn.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X