Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerpioniere

Hello,

On another forum someone is asking for identification of this board (I only could get this little picture). I don't remember having seen a black board with black piping (only with black / white piping for Panzerpioniere). The question is still the same : what is this board ?

Best regards

Attached Files

ss pionere

Comment

Hello,

The reverse of Waffen-SS boards is Feldgrau (and not black, as on the board I show) isn't it ?

Best regards

Last edited by DEBERTEX; 10-14-2016, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Please see the response in post #2.

Comment

Panzerpionier Btl. 37

There was a WAF member that had a large Panzerpionier collection; which, he divested himself of a few years ago. Among the items sold was a pair of black straps (all black)with black piping for the rank of Oberfeldwebel (I think). The straps had number cyphers "37" on them. In theory, this would represent Panzerpionier Btl. 37 of the 1. Panzer Division. I don't know if there is any photographic evidence showing this combination of strap and Waffenfarbe being worn. Recently, I remember the straps being for sale on E-Stand.

Comment

strap

A friend of mine was the top sgt. in a Pz. Pio. Lehr company and I recall a photo he had wearing a black wrapper. Neither the collar tabs nor the shoulder straps were black/white piped. So it would be feasible that the strap is either Waffen SS or an army item IMO, though W-SS would seem more likely.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by DEBERTEX View Post

Hello,

The reverse of Waffen-SS boards is Feldgrau (and not black, as on the board I show) isn't it ?

Best regards

Hi Debertex, galizien41 is correct. There are plenty of examples of good original SS straps with black backing, as well as the more common field-grey.

Regards, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X