No announcement yet.

Pioneer officer tunic for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If more photos are needed please let me know.

Comment

I have a named tunic from a member of pioneer 47 regiment. I was able to get research done at NARA and the Lt Von Schatte served on that regiment. I personnally like your tunic

Juan
      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JuanS View Post
          I have a named tunic from a member of pioneer 47 regiment. I was able to get research done at NARA and the Lt Von Schatte served on that regiment. I personnally like your tunic

Juan
          Really interesting Juan. What a coincidence. Thank you for your input.

Sal

Comment

These grey collared officer tunics have always interested me. I'd love to get in the mind of the officers who owned these as they certainly must have been personally requested this way.

The boards look good to me. Is the eagle machine sewn on? Can you post close-up? Also can see see how the EK2 spange is sewn or pinned? Or is it just sitting for display?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
              These grey collared officer tunics have always interested me. I'd love to get in the mind of the officers who owned these as they certainly must have been personally requested this way.

The boards look good to me. Is the eagle machine sewn on? Can you post close-up? Also can see see how the EK2 spange is sewn or pinned? Or is it just sitting for display?

Thanks.
              Thank you for your input. Here are some pictures of the spange and the eagle.

Sal
              Attached Files

Comment

Vgsgdh
                Attached Files

Comment

So eagle is machine stitched it appears. Not what I would expect to see unfortunately. Does it go through the lining on the inside?

And still can't quite determine how the spange is attached to the tunic. Can you show the sewing points?

Comment

So eagle is machine stitched it appears. Not what I would expect to see unfortunately. Does it go through the lining on the inside?

And still can't quite determine how the spange is attached to the tunic. Can you show the sewing points?
                    No, it does not go through the lining. Will upload pictures of the sewing points as soon as I get home.

Sal

Comment

I looked back at your first pictures (Post #7) and I do see the eagle machine sewing coming through the lining on the interior shot. IMO post war reapplied.

Comment

I looked back at your first pictures (Post #7) and I do see the eagle machine sewing coming through the lining on the interior shot. IMO post war reapplied.

That photo is from another tunic, I uploaded it by mistake. I clarified that on post number 8. Here is the photo of the lining on the back of the eagle.

Sal
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sewing points if the spange.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatore L View Post
                            That photo is from another tunic, I uploaded it by mistake. I clarified that on post number 8. Here is the photo of the lining on the back of the eagle.

Sal
                            Sorry about that - I did take note of that the first time I visited the thread. Well the machine sewing is still a bit unusual but better without it being through the linking. Spange sewing looks fine.

Comment

Sorry about that - I did take note of that the first time I visited the thread. Well the machine sewing is still a bit unusual but better without it being through the linking. Spange sewing looks fine.
                              Thank you for your input and your time mate.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X