Interesting pair of straps with GD loops for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting pair of straps with GD loops for review

Hello, I was recently offered these straps due to me collecting GD insignia. Could anyone give me a clue as to if these are real or not? Even if the loops are reproductions are the boards them selves good?

THANKS,
    Blaine
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

IMO they are fake.

Radek

Comment

Fake

There is no historical prove that GD embroidered loops were ever made.
        Sorry.
        Thierry

Comment

What kind of piping is that ? Looks like its been painted. Would pass on these....

Comment

Originally posted by luypaert t View Post
            Sorry.
            Thierry
            Correct....
            Giorgio

Comment

GD Shoulder Straps

Originally posted by luypaert t View Post
              Sorry.
              Thierry

+1 on that. The embroidery was always sewn directly into the strap. The straps are quite dubious too.

Comment

Agreed, not only the loops but the straps are fakes as well. You may want to do some more homework before throwing a lot of money at this area of collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                  Agreed, not only the loops but the straps are fakes as well. You may want to do some more homework before throwing a lot of money at this area of collecting.
                  Indeed! Wehrmacht Shoulder straps of any kind are no longer a few dollars; Original "GD" embroidered examples are expensive, and repros abound.
                  As OSS recomends, "Do Your homework first"

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    Hello, not sure what your comment was referencing? The only reason I posted these for review because I have never seen anything like them with the loops for GD, on top of the weird pipe color. If me posting an item for review based off no experience with them in this setup then I guess anyone who posts anything on this forum asking for an opinion must need to become more educated.....These were going to be added in a large group of original items so there also wasn't money being "thrown" at them as you might have assumed. I'll make sure to do my homework from now on before asking the forum for any help.

And Longislandercjv I defiantly know how much GD straps and insignia can be....My collection is in the photo bellow.

Thank you everyone for you help as usual. I really appreciate it when members take time outta there busy days to answer any questions on the forum.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BlaineLeamon87; 08-28-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I would not seriously consider any GD cloth item unless it came from either a very trusted source, had ironclad provenance, or both.
                      Last edited by Edward; 08-28-2016, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Agree with the others comments & do your homework first. Study known originals. Do not let others decide for you if an item is original or not. How much of your GD collection is not original ? Its very easy to add cyphers to any straps, without any provenance no way to ever know for sure.

Comment

Embroidered GD loops are german 70's repros , made by Mr Herre !
                          Look at the sewing method behind ...loops are never made like these !
                          Nick

Comment

slip on cyphers

dude you should have sent me a pic on messanger i would have saved you wasting time on these.

Comment

Originally posted by garykostka View Post
                              dude you should have sent me a pic on messanger i would have saved you wasting time on these.
                              You were in Poland getting wild

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X