demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer Admin General Tunic and Lid - Opinions, Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Admin General Tunic and Lid - Opinions, Anyone??

Howdy all -

Not much to go on but I wanted to see what our members think of this set:
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Very hard to say anything from these pics, but a couple of things strike me as interesting:
      1. Is the collar field gray? I would expect it to be dark green.
      2. I would also expect to see some green Waffenfarbe piping on the tunic (at least down the front of the tunic if not also around the cuffs and collar)

Definitely more pics needed on this one, but I hope this helps.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

It's an Old Style tunic - the color of the collar is correct, as is the lack of piping down the front (both styles existed). Beyond that, it's had to say without having the piece in hand.

Comment

Dave:

Is the collar dark green or does it match the body of the tunic? It's very hard to tell on the PC I'm working on... Also, have you ever seen a non-piped general's old style tunic? I ask as I've seen both in non-general's tunics but all of the old style general's tunics I've seen have been piped to some degree.

Regards,

Drew

Originally posted by Dave Suter (Sarge)
          It's an Old Style tunic - the color of the collar is correct, as is the lack of piping down the front (both styles existed). Beyond that, it's had to say without having the piece in hand.

Comment

This one popped up on eBann.de yesterday without a reserve. The seller said they had no more pictures, so it's probably some sort of scam. I noticed they added a 4000 € reserve later and then canceled the auction, so some form of shennanigans was probably going on.

I believe the old-style tunics did not necessarily have piping, and the filed-gray collar is correct for pre-TR era tunics. The one issue is that I've never seen a collar that had not been converted to the dark green badge cloth on a Wehrmacht-used tunic.

Don

Comment

Drew - I'm at work right now, but this evening I'll post a couple pictures of this type of tunic.

Comment

I saw this one yesterday as well. I believe it is a good one however based on the clear and concise photography I believe it is a lifted image. It is quite reasonable for them to take an image from a book, cut the background, add some blur to the edges and post the tunic for sale weltweit then run with the money once they get it. As an amatuer photographer and graphic artist used to using editing tools this one jumped at me.

Intriguing.

Comment

Hello

I knew that I had seen that tunic. The tunic sold on Herman Historica last fall. It may be a scam, or the person that bought it may want to sell it. I am including a picture that is still on the website.

Juan
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jcsanche
                    Hello

I knew that I had seen that tunic. The tunic sold on Herman Historica last fall. It may be a scam, or the person that bought it may want to sell it. I am including a picture that is still on the website.

Juan

The plot thickens! The seller stated that the only form of payment would be direct transfer into his/her bank account. Veeeeery intersting! Looks like I'll be contacting them again to ask some specific questions, perhaps...

Don
                    Last edited by DonC; 02-09-2005, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Good work, Juan! Seems like a total scam to me.

BTW, you can tell from the pic that Juan found that the collar is dark green vs. field gray.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

The tunic itself is correct as to construction, etc. That particular Beamte branch was created in mid 1936, when they were still wearing the old style tunics. It's really hard to tell if this piece is good or not. The insignia looks like it might be legit, but without having it in hand who knows. Since the tunic itself will pre-date the insignia, the general's insignia will not have been the original stuff that was on the tunic when it was brand new. The question, of course, is when was it replaced, and is the wear on the insignia consistent with the tunic. I noticed that the silver HV devices are missing.

And for your viewing pleasure, here's one that is legit.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Forgot the collar color question. The early walking-out (EM) / old-style (officer) tunics had field-grey collars. Later a lot of them were upgraded to dark green. Here's a photo of one that wasn't changed - gives a good indication of the color, although there are different shades encountered. This is the same type collar/color that the tunic in question has.

BTW, anyone remember who the eBay seller was? Sounds like a scam to me too. My guess is that the tunic itself is legit - but that it isn't (and never was) in the possession of the 'seller'......
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 02-09-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

It would be interesting for someone to say that they "live near by " and would like to pick up and pay for the tunic in person with cash and see what the response is. Someone posted and exotic Itailian sport bike last year on ebay for half of its value, when I emailed him he told me that I had to wire transfer 50% to his bank account and then he would ship the bike. When I told him I would fly down to pay him the full price in person with cash, he told me (in broken english) that he could not meet me until I payed the money because he was in the airforce and needed to know I was serious before he flew home to sell the bike to me. There are alot of scams out there, if its to good to be true......it is.

Comment

The seller ID is "steffimaus208" out of Lübeck, according to the auction page... No reply to my question as to whether it is still for sale yet.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X