How uniforms change over time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How uniforms change over time

I'm always rather amused to see what gets added onto uniforms over the years. I just noticed on one of our sponsor's sites a piped Generalmajor's tunic and breeches which recently sold. Every bit as nice as when I originally brought it into this country from Germany in 1978, only then it didn't have all the ribbon and medal loops it does now. The breeches are a nice addition, too.

I'm reminded of another former tunic of mine I saw pictured in some big glossy oversized uniform book a few years ago. It was a salty looking SS field police tunic, officer, which I had originally picked up in Athens in 1972. Sometime after I owned it, someone had put a sleeve chevron on it.

Guess there's some people who always have to "gild the lily."

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Sherlock; 02-08-2005, 01:44 AM. Reason: typo
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Hi Steve,

Indeed, some people have this nasty habbit

I once had a very nice all original Officer Heer Panzerjäger M36 tunic that I sold to a fellow collector, only to find it some time later turned into an SS-tunic. He stripped all the insignia and sold them separately.

I told him, if I had know this up front I would have NEVER sold him this tunic. I was too late

MfG,
    Bart

Comment

And these people call themselfs collectors... As far as I am concerned, they are the supreme ennemy, for under the guise of a collector, they simply destroy good original material.

JL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X