Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer tabs & boards - opinions?

Hi,

I am wondering if the following are genuine, early Bundeswehr or repros? Fyi, the only thing that fluoresces under UV light are the yellow areas on the reverse of the tabs.

The collar tabs look unusual to me - (the branch colour IS black, even though te scans wash it out to a red/brown) but the white stitching on the dark green at the ends on the reverse is something I haven't seen before, The tabs are still tied together.

Both boards have black backing (even though the scans may indicate otherwise. The slip-on looks OK to me. Is the construction of the sew-in board consistent with wartime construction?

Any opinions/help appreciated. Larger images are available if required.

Regards
    Mike K
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Reverse...
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Disregarding the color, the tabs look to be of the late war BeVo woven variety. I don't see any problems with them. Materials & construction look correct.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the reply - much appreciated. I readily admit to not being up on all the variants and although probably common knowledge to many they were a new construction type for me. Further incentive to track down the Angolia Heer Insignia volumes. Nice to know my 14.40 Euro for these bits (and then some) wasn't wasted! You've made my night!

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X