Comment

Larger pic . . .
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice

Is the tunic named?

Juan

Comment

..ohhhh...a very nice one...Congratulations..

Yes, if named, it would be very interesting..

Comment

Cracking tunic and nice visor. Makes for a superb display. J

Comment

I saw that one at the SOS as well. Very nice tunic, and I was tempted!

Don

Comment

What was the price for it?

Comment

I just bought one exactly the same, same rank, different eagle

Comment

What makes the most sense?

For matter of display purposes only . . . what variety of badges and bar would one suggest to use?

I like the idea of a WW1 ribbon bar, and WW1 EK1 and spange . . . but I don't think the top two loops were meant for such a combo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, if he was indeed a veteran of WWI then your idea is fine, other wise for medical officers a KVK I would be quite realistic, I have actually a photo with a Oberstansarzt with EK 1 and KVK 1, one above the other like on your uniform. I can acces it tomorrow for posting.

Hans Kristian

Comment

Thanks, Hans - that's a good idea! Much appreciate the advice - and would be grateful for your time and effort, posting that photo.

My thoughts on the WW1 award rested in the rank, and the extra "relief" left at the waist - given these two details, seems to me like someone that may have had a lengthy military career - and plenty of years before the second war, to add a few extra pounds [much to my chagrin - not unlike myself, over my own advancing age! ]

Comment

Stunning tunic! I really like these pipped walking out tunics, I have a Pz Schutzen and a PzGrn one myself. Thanks for posting. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                            Thanks, Hans - that's a good idea! Much appreciate the advice - and would be grateful for your time and effort, posting that photo.

My thoughts on the WW1 award rested in the rank, and the extra "relief" left at the waist - given these two details, seems to me like someone that may have had a lengthy military career - and plenty of years before the second war, to add a few extra pounds [much to my chagrin - not unlike myself, over my own advancing age! ]

Here are the photo, oberstabsarzt with his awards..

And very possible he is a WW1 veteran as well..if one of the medals in the Spange is a kriegsteilnehmer..as I can see he has a EK2, KVK2 mit schwerten and maybe kriegsteilnehmer and the last..?..maybe the westwall or maybe the Ehrenkreuz des DRK..?..difficult in black and white...

Anyway, maybe the loops on your tunic will be too close for the EK1 and KVK1 option..?..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
                              Here are the photo, oberstabsarzt with his awards.
                              Thanks again for the photo, Hans - that gives me much food for thought!

I'll try the two awards together, and see if it works . . .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X