Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volkssturm Armband fake?

Hello all,
    I just recently purchased a volkssturm armband and i am convinced it is a fake. I fell into it when i chose not to dig further into it by asking questions but regardless, i think it's a repro. This was my first armband purchase and i am looking for some hope in redeeming my peace at mind haha. Any opinions?
    Much appreciated!

I think it is an original from what I can see.

Steve

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but what am i looking for? I've read different things such as how straight the letters are, how worn the fabric is, how the stitching is supposed to look, etc... I went based on how the eagles look in comparison to other originals I've seen but just like always, pictures don't do justice as to actually seeing them in person.

Comment

I'm no expert on these, but if you use the search function and type in "Volkssturm" in the sub-forum "Heer Uniforms and Insignia," you will find numerous examples to compare yours to. These printed armbands are very common and do come in wide variations, so it's difficult to point out characteristics that apply to all. Based on my limited experience, I also believe yours to be original, but you'll learn the traits better if you search the threads.
        Dale

Comment

I've used several threads on these forums for comparison and only made this thread to get a couple final opinions from other sets of eyes. I suppose i was overlooking the obvious and just needed some more experienced input before making my own conclusion. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

Comment

Good one

Comment

I see no immediate red flags either.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X