Pre 1938 Heer Shoulder Boards For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre 1938 Heer Shoulder Boards For Review

I know the one on the left is wartime heer artillery nco. The middle is pre 1938 heer (I think), and the left is luftwaffe im told? But again im not sure.
    Attached Files

Any help is much appreciated thank you!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The first photo is of a Heer artillery Oberfeldwebel for the waffenrock, 2nd is a pre 1938 enlisted shoulder board for an unteroffizier in Sanitaetes abteilung 7, the 3rd is a Luftwaffe shoulder board for flak regiment 13.

The second photo is a pair of nice pre 1938 enlisted shoulder boards for sanitaets abteilung 17. All nice originals.

Fred

Comment

1st Model Felbluse Shoulder Straps

The pointed straps are 1st Model Feldbluse shoulder straps. The first ones of these are made of field grey wool on top and later they were replaced the ones with the tops made of the dark green "badge cloth" like the ones that you have. These straps were for the field blouse only and not worn on overcoats if my understanding is correct. They were replaced by the M-36 shoulder straps, made of dark green badge cloth and with rounded ends.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Schulterklappen; 07-17-2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

M-36 Schulterklappen

These are M-36 shoulder straps for Sanitaets Abt. 22. M-36 would be be for the year of introduction 1936.
          Attached Files

Comment

These are some really nice medical boards...!!...

Comment

I thought that the year of introduction for the round end shoulder boards was 1938?

Fred

Comment

Angolia

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                I thought that the year of introduction for the round end shoulder boards was 1938?

Fred

According to Angolia's book you are correct about the date. I had always identified them by the tunic models, M36, M40, M44 and the 1st Model Feldbluse straps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X