Cheveron Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheveron Help

Got this in a grouping of WWII and Post war German cloth pieces. I know nothing about these Cheverons. Any help would be appreciated. WWII? Post? Luft?

Again, not my cup of tea - so will probably trade this off on Estand or if it's of little interest to anyone for a trade, to the Attic it will go. Any suggestions on what a fair trade value would be? Thanks and take care.

Tim
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

No one knows?..... Thanks in advance.

Tim

Comment

Tim:
        I cannot tell the color...looks Luftwaffe blue grey and I do not collect Luftwaffe. However, if it is reed green (and also looks to be on HBT) it would be Heer.

This rank is for a senior corporal or Stabsgefrieter. It was a rank that lasted from in the 1920s through the entire war...however, I think at some point - briefly - promotions to the rank were stopped...but were restarted.

I have never seen one made this way, with the tresse folded as it is abd the additional refinfocement backing to teh embroidered pip. However, they were made in several ways and it could be I have just never run across such. The tresse on the example you show was one style used. Overall I find it a bit odd and thus, not something I'd personally find collectible. They are not so hard to come by in collecting and you could do better fairly easily.

Posted below is a fron/back of one example in my own collection that is on the dark green badge cloth.
        Attached Files
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

reverse
          CSP

sigpic

Comment

Bevo pip, very unusual. Also, atypical construction. The color does not look like Luftwaffe to me. Late war? SS?
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
              Bevo pip, very unusual. Also, atypical construction. The color does not look like Luftwaffe to me. Late war? SS?
              Thanks guys.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X