Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your Gebirgsjäger tunics

Hi everyone.

I have a growing interest in mountain troop tunics. Here is mine with a couple of close ups - it is a humble beginning. Am interested in seeing others out there from those willing to share.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John-M; 02-09-2005, 05:03 PM.

Close up of details

The straps are attached to a pre-war mountain troops ruck sack.
    Attached Files

Comment

Zig Zag Stiched Edelweiss

All badges on this tunic are machine stiched including the breast eagle (not through the lining of course) as well as the Edelweiss sleeve badge. Am interested in seeing any M36 Gebirgsjäger tunics anyone out there might have to share.

Thanks.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tunic John !

The shoulderstraps look to be Panzergrenadiere though ... To me the Waffenfarbe is just a bit to bright. Could you post some close-up ?

MfG,
        Bart

Comment

Good Eyes.

Hi Bart,

I think you're right.

The tunic does not have its original shoulder boards. While these are original boards, I had to take what ever I could get. If I ever find a set with subdued tress, I would pick them up in flash. Will provide some close-ups as soon as I have a chance.

Comment

Hi John,

You could always use some red/yellow/black/pink/... (but no white or PzGr.green). These branches were all present within the Gebirgsjäger troops.

MfG,
            Bart

Comment

Very nice display, John. Congratulations

Unfortunatly I can't share anything GJ-related...

Cheers

Jan
              'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Here's mine. The tunic is an original issue piece. It's for a Pioniere Unteroffizier of the 1st Company of the 54th Mountain Engineer Battalion. There is a tag inside that has 'Pioniere,' below which in larger letters is 'Baurle,' the soldier's name. At the bottom is '1./Geb.Bi.54.' The name tag matches the branch, company, regiment, and the edelweiss. German Order of Battle, 1944, page L53 lists the 54th Pi.Btl. and shows it as Gebergjager. It as allotted to the 1 Mtn. Div. Page D48 shows 1 Gebirgsdivision as coming from Garmisch (Wehrkries VII). It states "Active division. Personnel mainly Bavarian with some Austrians. Fought with great distinction in Southern Poland. Less prominent during the French campaign. Played a minor role in the Yugoslavian campaign of 1941. In July, 1941, it was in action on the Southern Russian Front and in 1942 was in the Caucasus. In March, 1943, it was transferred to Northern Greece and in the summer of 1943 to the Greco-Albanian frontier."
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John-M
                  Here is mine..
                  Very cool submachine gunner

Comment

Nice tunics guy's Here is my contribution.

Glenn
                    Attached Files
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

officer
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow

Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post your tunics.

Glenn, I have to find a way to make it out East. You must have one of the finest collections in Canada. It would be great to check it out some day.

John

Comment

M43 Gebirgsjager tunic

Hello everyone! Here is my first (and only as of now) tunic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my well used M36 tunic. Everything is original except for the shoulder boards... anyone know where to get a set?

Steve
                              http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/935287/M36a.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/935287/M36b.JPG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X