griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting "medical" tunic on auction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting "medical" tunic on auction...

Hi All,

I was pointed to this tunic and I really do think it has some problems.

Very simple; it was on the 31. december 1942 delivered to a Dr. Tardy (or Twardy) who at the time was an Oberarzt.

And the tunic present itself as a tunic to a OBERSTarzt, and to get there you need (at least) 1-2 years before the oberarzt would be an stabsarzt, minimum 1 year before he would be oberstabsarzt and another (minimum) 1 year before he would be oberfeldarzt ad finally another year before he would be oberstarzt.
    So, that would be around 1947.....

So what happend..?..and I did not even mention that the waffenfarbe is all wrong..?..

I would like to hear opinions on this tunic...

Hans Kristian
    Attached Files

...pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

My guess would be that someone found a tunic without insignia and decided that a "panzerdoctor" would be perfect to sell...

The tunic looks nice and the insignia looks ok...but the combination..????
      Attached Files

Comment

The name and rank match a man who at the time of Stalingrad was the Battalion Arzt for II Abteilung Panzer Regiment 89. The tunic most likely is incorrectly restored. Note also the boards are sewn on the "wrong" sides. This was rarely seen during the War and also is most often a sign that something has been incorrectly restored.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=208231

https://books.google.com/books?id=HK...Twardy&f=false

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          Note also the boards are sewn on the "wrong" sides. This was rarely seen during the War and also is most often a sign that something has been incorrectly restored.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=208231

https://books.google.com/books?id=HK...Twardy&f=false
          Indeed, I did not notice this at first...

So wrong restauration is most likely.

Comment

I am not sure that the tabs are in the wrong side. The chevrons in each tabs are supposed to point to the rear. In this example the top is pointing to the rear and the bottom to the front?
            I thought both are supposed toi point to the same direction?

I added a collar patch to illustrate my point
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JuanS View Post
              I am not sure that the tabs are in the wrong side. The chevrons in each tabs are supposed to point to the rear. In this example the top is pointing to the rear and the bottom to the front?
              I thought both are supposed toi point to the same direction?

I added a collar patc to illustrate my point
              Johnny was referring to the shoulderboards...epaulets...

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                Johnny was referring to the shoulderboards...epaulets...
                ups

thanks

Comment

I did not find a match for active (medical) officers 1 May 1943 so he most likely was activated or joined as a reserve medical officer for the duration of the War.

Comment

Non regulation jacket but why not ?
                    i have an early black Pz jacket with dark blue OFF shoulder boards and pink piped collar patches ...coming directly from the family , not restored !
                    Nick

Comment

Medical officers in Panzer units wore black wrappers but I do not think he would be wearing panzer piped boards with a medical device like this with a much higher rank.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                        Non regulation jacket but why not ?
                        i have an early black Pz jacket with dark blue OFF shoulder boards and pink piped collar patches ...coming directly from the family , not restored !
                        Nick
                        Especially early in the campaign during the Blitzkrieg when armored halftracks (for medical use) were not yet prevalent, Sani personnel in armored units were using actual Panzers, so I could see a doctor doing a combination like this (against regulations), showing his affiliaten with the panzerwaffen! And as Johnny already stated allowed to wear black wrappers, being panzer crews!
                        Here a Pzkpfw I and a Pzkpfw III and the final solution, a standard armored Sdkfz251, "Sani Ausfuhrung".

I agree with GAMSI, never say never!... even though this uniform is dated later (1942) so post Blitzkrieg...

Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 07-13-2016, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Here some images taken from an earlier thread, worth repeating here!
                          Pictures from derka! Note black wrappers!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Uniform posted by member GAMS1 before! Here per the regulations!
                            I don't know if this is a true Sani panzer (last image) since it has a gun, could be fake to meet the Geneva convention requirement, but there are no red crosses,
                            so it could be a fighting vehicle with a crew member who happens to be medically trained? (or its the unit Doctor's vehicle, a safe armored ride but still a fair target,
                            no Geneva protection of course!)

Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 07-13-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                              I did not find a match for active (medical) officers 1 May 1943 so he most likely was activated or joined as a reserve medical officer for the duration of the War.
                              Ah, so the correct restauration would be with this type of boards..?.(as oberarzt ofc..).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X