No announcement yet.

Heer over coat with steuerman badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a rare picture of a German NCO (W-SS) wearing the rubberized rain coat, usually only seen being worn by officers.
    It has that striped texture, which is shown in Johnny and my examples, lacking on the coat that started this thread.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 07-17-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

By regulation these could be worn by enlisted soldiers and NCOs but were private purchase items and could not be worn by them in most cases "on-duty" i.e. to service formations and unit activities.

Comment

Yes makes sense...the models even varied...some with single closure, not double breasted, some with cuff straps,
        lacking fake French cuffs...models could vary...based on taste and wallet I guess...Eigentumsstuck!
        You really only see these being worn by officers in the photographic record.
        The W-SS NCO is obviously wearing one while on duty (with a stahlhelm)
        Here an SS officer on leave with family wearing such a "Gummimantel" with cuff straps, as seen on civilian raincoats =
        "trench coats". It is a military private purchase garment in rubberized canvas.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 07-17-2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Hi mates
          very nice mantels and photos.

Comment

Here's a single breasted one in a shiny impermeable material....
            This single breasted version was cheaper 47 Reichsmark...The double breasted was more money: 59 Reichsmark
            These are usually never seen in two-tone, meaning the collar in a different shade (M36 style...).
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 07-17-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
            X