No announcement yet.

BEVO Officers Collartabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thread and sme nice insignias shown here.
    I got over the years at least 2 direct traceable set of these tabs which could be linked one time to late 44/early 1945. The bearer (infantry) was issued with these after finished officers school at Posen. Another haul was from an artillery member, whos promoted to Leutnant in spring 44. He had 6-7 standard insignia sets/tabs and one pair of bevo tabs.
    I also had long time ago a panzer officer M44 tunic with these tabs, which i sold around 10 years ago to the netherlands.
    And i've nerver seen them here in Germany within early war estates, so from my point of view, the late war (1944) connection sounds plausible to me.

BTW about the deluxe theory, i highly doubt that. The tabs have no optical effects like early war deluxe insignias, absolutely no bling bling to impress the Fräuleins....
    They're imo rather simplified manufactured pieces.

And at least i really like the bevo versions of the heavy embroideres tabs, like general staff, wehrmacht officials......

Comment

tabs

The officer whose tabs I have was a pre-war Lt. and served throughout the war, so no time period can be determined from them. When the war ended he was in the Harz mountains, handed his pistol over to an American officer and had his DK in gold swiped, but was never actually a prisoner and stayed on the farm where one of his senior NCO's lived and then went home.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
      X