Flak Lt. d.R.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flak Lt. d.R.

Would the colour of a reserve Flak Leutnant's collar patch and shoulder board be a straight red, or would there be an additional colour piping it?

The officer was serving with an active unit.

I have Brian Davis's book on Luftwaffe uniforms (vol.1), but it confuses me!

Many thanks,
    Karl

Red with blue piping around it.
    Thanks!
    Karl Bandow

Comment

Thanks for the reply Karl, much appreciated.

I guess there must have been a lot of reserve officers on active service at the beginning of the war - how come I haven't been able to find any examples of the red with blue in the internet or in books?

If the shoulder board also had a thinnish strap of cloth across it, would this imply the officer was waiting for an assignment? e.g. If he'd been sent on a course away from his unit and returned to find his temporary replacement had not yet stepped down?

Another puzzler!

Thanks again,
      Karl

Comment

Reserve is more of a light grey over a blue is more med and admin
        a lite blue would be transport

Comment

Thanks macki,

Originally posted by macki
          OK - how about a reservist in a Flak-Transportbatterie (Traba)?! Here you 've got THREE elements to consider, or is the transport factor irrelevant?

Comment

Here is a pic of a LW reserve Lt. He needs to update his site as it is not available anymore

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Luftw...os/L03649.html

This is from the "Collector's Guild" at www.germanmilitaria.com

As answered earlier to your orginal question... red with blue underlay. The first link is a photo of what is described.

Thanks
            Paul REck

Comment

your right i miss read the first post

Comment

Thanks Paul,

I can't follow the links though. I'm at work and there seems to be a restriction in place on my computer to stop me from opening the two sites. Is there any chance of posting the image(s) on this thread?

Best wishes,
                Karl

Comment

Here is a flak resereve 2Lt's collar tab. This one is of unusual construction, but it gives you the idea.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 02-06-2005, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I am sorry, but Peter has copy protected images on his site. Maybe you can see it when you get home. It seems as if Sarge is posting another photo you can see. I really cant get enough of the Luftwaffe tabs!

Best regards
                    Paul REck

Comment

Thanks guys, you've been a great help!

Comment

Originally posted by macki
                        The grey secondary color is used by the Army indicating Reserve. The Luftwaffe used blue for the secondary color indicating Reserve.
                        Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X