Help collecting eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help collecting eagles

I enjoy collecting eagles and have quite a few at the moment. I'm look for help online that displays or shows the many eagles that the Third Reich used as well as what unit wore them. Pictures and descriptions is what I'm after. Anyone know of such a website. Or a book on this subject will work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Noboby can help? Thanks anyway.

Originally posted by k1mri
    I enjoy collecting eagles and have quite a few at the moment. I'm look for help online that displays or shows the many eagles that the Third Reich used as well as what unit wore them. Pictures and descriptions is what I'm after. Anyone know of such a website. Or a book on this subject will work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi K1mri,
      have you tried a search here on the forum ??? at present i do not know of a single book that covers a majority of the emblems used, but try a search / post in the book forum.
      Ashley

Comment

re

Noboby can help? Thanks anyway.
        Hello K1mri, I also do love them
        The most of witch I have are from the bevo-type
        I displayed some of them on the display forum a while back http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=82715

I don,t know about a book that only covers the eagles
        If you have some qeustions about bevo-eagles
        I will help you if it is possible
        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

John, I think you should get writing!

Comment

Beautiful

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN
            Hello K1mri, I also do love them
            The most of witch I have are from the bevo-type
            I displayed some of them on the display forum a while back http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=82715

I don,t know about a book that only covers the eagles
            If you have some qeustions about bevo-eagles
            I will help you if it is possible
            John,
            I saw your post awhile ago and and I thought what a beautiful collection, that's why I decided to concentrate collecting eagles! I have about a dozen at the moment. Thank you for you reply.

Comment

I used to be a very avid collector of cloth eagles and at one time had over 450 variants with no duplicates. The only two books I ever found specifically on this subject are:

Hoheitszeichen des 3. Reiches by Lothar Hartung. Originally published in 1984, I have the 4th edition from '87

Handbuch Deutscher Uniformshoheitsabzeichen 1919-1945 by Klaus D. Patzwall and published in 1990

Both books are good references to help ID eagles as to which organization they represented. The first book gives brief descriptions in both German and English and the latter one is only in German (but has better descriptions).

I have no idea on how to go about finding these books today.

Hope this helps,

Drew

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X