• Show
Clear All

Really thanks to everyone...
    Now I've learnt something more......
    All my best
    Giorgio

Comment

Hello all,

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I have a question pertaining to Wachregiment boards.

Back during the Reichswehr - early 3R era, when soldiers were posted to the Wachregiment, did they receive boards like these or did they retain their "home" unit's boards?

Comment

They received straps with the "W" like these shown.

Although the "W" on these are not executed perfectly (meaning wide and symmetrical) they are still nice and a fairly scarce pair of straps.

Originally posted by JOVE23 View Post
        Hello all,

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I have a question pertaining to Wachregiment boards.

Back during the Reichswehr - early 3R era, when soldiers were posted to the Wachregiment, did they receive boards like these or did they retain their "home" unit's boards?

Comment

Wachregiment Berlin/Wachtruppe/ Wach Regiment Berlin

Originally posted by JOVE23 View Post
          Hello all,

You will find these straps in different forms from the Weimar Republic to 3rd Reich.
          I have seen sew in and slip-ons. Here is a moleskin pair. As, there were Jaeger battalions attached to infantry regiments and the GJ battalion of Infanterie Regiment 19, they are also found with the Jaeger/ GJ Waffenfarbe (very rare).
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Great pair of straps Glen.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
              You will find these straps in different forms from the Weimar Republic to 3rd Reich.
              I have seen sew in and slip-ons. Here is a moleskin pair. As, there were Jaeger battalions attached to infantry regiments and the GJ battalion of Infanterie Regiment 19, they are also found with the Jaeger/ GJ Waffenfarbe (very rare).
              I'm specifically interested in the 1929-30 era, I've yet to find any period evidence of the W cypher but I'm here to learn

Comment

As already stated, nice original pair of Wachtruppe Berlin straps!
                The Wachttruppe Wien (with Latin "W") straps are even rarer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X