Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Leather Coat from Schwabedissen

Hello
    wanted to show you a few snapshots of the Ledermantel I could get today. It will go on the Estand but wanted to get a few thumbs up here first
    Actually this Leather Coat comes from the Schwabedissen Estate. But I asume it was not Generalleutnant Walter Schwabedissen his great coat but its still from this family Estate. Walter Schwabedissen had 2 Brothers..one was also Officer in the Luftwaffe so I guess it was his coat. The youngest was Gefreiter in the WH.
    A good friend of mine lately was lucky to get a few photos and papers from the Walter Schwabedissen estate but mostly from his WW1 career as pilot.
    The childreen of one of his Brothers sold these things to him. Today my friend could visit the family again and brought back this great coat i could by of him. Long story short..it comes from the Schwabedissen Estate but most probably from the younger brother who was officer in the LW. I have a portrait photo of him...can show tomorrow. Anyway, i wasnt lucky before to find a real military issue Ledermantel.....you see tons of civil ones claiming to be military but in reality few of these only have survived until today.
    The snapshots i made quick and are not of good quality,sorry..will present much better photos when on Estand.
    Its still in the "as found" condition and I will leave it like this.
    Attached Files

rt
    Attached Files

Comment

zt
      Attached Files

Comment

I vote LW. Those metal (woven leather pattern) blue gray buttons were more common on LW gray leather overcoats. I used to own one with a Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt label,
        now I own one with regular pebbled buttons. Nice coat!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X