VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer style Luftwaffe HG Panzer collar tab for review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer style Luftwaffe HG Panzer collar tab for review...

Since manufacturing of this type of LW tab was similar as those for Heer Panzer I decided to post in this Forum.

One of my first wraps dating back in the early nineties was a salty Heer Panzer wrap rebadged in "Hermann Göring Pnz. Div. style". I have always kept it out of nostalgia but I have now decided to depart of it.

The wool -basket style- type of piping on both tab and collar is something I have never seen on a original and I have always taking it for a smart impression of the real thing. Nonetheless I have certainly not seen it all and therefore would welcome some possible additional views.

PS The LW Panzer breast eagle on the wrap is a fine worn original.
    Attached Files

Frederik
    can you take a closer picture of the detail of the piping. I can't quite make it out.
    But without clearer detailed images it is hard to judge for sure. Of course it could have been a re-badged Heer wrap converted for HG use during the period. The odds of that are slim, but of course plausible, though one may have a hard time convincing collectors. I have one of those wraps as you know, Heer marked with a black luft eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
      ... Of course it could have been a re-badged Heer wrap converted for HG use during the period. The odds of that are slim, but of course plausible, though one may have a hard time convincing collectors. I have one of those wraps as you know, Heer marked with a black luft eagle.
      Jerry, somehow the lightening with white plays tricks with my Iphone but here some clearer images.

It is pure for the -well attached- anomaly in piping that I found it of interest to share and if it is thus wise to offer the wrap stripped of insignia or not...
      Attached Files

Comment

Definitely weird piping. I honestly don't hold out much hope for it. Most likely piping is a complete post war fabrication to simulate an HG wrapper impression.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
          Definitely weird piping. I honestly don't hold out much hope for it. Most likely piping is a complete post war fabrication to simulate an HG wrapper impression.
          My thoughts exactly although the guy who sold it didn't have a clue about HG Panzer (and it didn't reflect in the price either).

Anyhow, this is how it looked on display; still damn attractive IMHO ;-)
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X