Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailor-made M44 tunic for Infanterie officer

Hi everyone,

I'm not planning to buy it but for my curiosity, I would like to hear opinions about the tailor-made M44 tunic for sale at Weitze: https://www.weitze.net/militaria/53/...e__254953.html

I find the condition of the shoulder boards not really matching the rest but as they are slip-on, I guess one could imagine they were re-used from a previous tunic...

For those who can't access the description, here are a few pictures.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Max

It appears the base jacket is original but insignia appear more worn than the jacket. Perhaps it one of the unissued m44's that has been post war converted to officer. Hard to say when the upgrade was done. All components look original.

Comment

Rather odd looking jacket especially the pockets. The Tabs are golden yellow and the boards are white for infantry.

Comment

Nice Tailored M-44!

Nice tunic!

The scalloped pockets are a nice touch.

The tabs have the metallic chapels and over time the colour oxidizes. They could have been white at one time and now turning a shade of brown, but the boards seem to have more wear than the tunic and may have been replaced.

Also, it looks like an Italian grade of wool, large stocks of which fell into German hands after 1943.

Diane

www.brandenburghistorica.com

Comment

I do not think those tabs were ever white. I have many examples like this for infantry and they have not turned gold like this The original gold color can be seen still intact in many places on the braid. To me the pockets are still very odd, almost like some auxiliary/youth clothing . I have and have seen many tailor made examples on M44s and they closely follow the issue style jackets in pattern and cut. Not a jacket I would be very interested in buying.

Comment

IMO it is not tailor made jacket, just late war production. Somebody call it M45 jacket. I have absolutey same, but SS. I personaly checked this jacket and insignias are resewn.

Radek

Comment

Not for me!

Comment

If you look closely, it appears it had a Latewar V shaped EM eagle on it before.

The stiching holes are still to be seen.

Weiteze probably humped it out with leftover insignia...

Edit: You can also see the holes after EM Tabs on the collar.

Comment

Or an officers Model 44 eagle

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                    If you look closely, it appears it had a Latewar V shaped EM eagle on it before.

The stiching holes are still to be seen.

Weiteze probably humped it out with leftover insignia...

Edit: You can also see the holes after EM Tabs on the collar.

Comment

Originally posted by antifake View Post
                      IMO it is not tailor made jacket, just late war production. Somebody call it M45 jacket. I have absolutey same, but SS.
                      I agree. Standard issue late war tunic but obviously rebadged.

These were made for several branches. I have had one in SS and Heer version and know of Polizei as well; all with scalopped non-buttoning pocket flaps. There is a thread covering these "M45" tunics and there is one pictured in Beavers' uniforms of the W-SS, page 420.

Rare tunic!

Comment

These late war M-44 style tunics do not all have scalloped pockets, most I have seen have straight pockets like the one shown that is dated "M45". I owned the "M-45" in the Beaver book for many years and it was different then the one that started the thread. M-45s were simplified M-44s, the pocket style on the jacket posted is more labor intensive and it has factory buttons/button holes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                          These late war M-44 style tunics do not all have scalloped pockets, most I have seen have straight pockets like the one shown that is dated "M45". I owned the "M-45" in the Beaver book for many years and it was different then the one that started the thread. M-45s were simplified M-44s, the pocket style on the jacket posted is more labor intensive and it has factory buttons/button holes.
                          Nice jacket Johnny. Of course there were many manufacturing differences with these late war M44 tunics - we discussed this before -, like absence of shoulder board provisions and cuff clousures for example. That makes these so interesting IMO. The tunics I referred to below all had the one button clousure on the waistband like the subject garment (and not two like the one you posted) but I am not implying these should all be 100% the same of course.
                          It was a mere illustration that the subject tunic is 100% original IMO, Heer issued and rebadged at some point in its life.

These threads cover the same subject:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=664674&page=2

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=m45&page=2

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=m45

Comment

This thread shows a period image of what appears to be a similar tunic being worn:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=m45

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X