Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLV Patch question

Hi,
    I would really appreciate some help here.
    I have been trying to identify this DLV insignia without much success.

the reason being that I recently acquired a DLV dagger & have been offered this to display with it. cloth really isn`t my thing & I was wondering if you could identify it for me & advise me if it is a known copied item?

some idea of value would help also as I`ve scoured the dealers to no avail.

Thanks!

Hi Vaughan, welcome to the forum! Nice to see some more fellow Brits joining.

Your photo is not showing up. Have you thought about becoming an association member? Cost is $25 per annum. You can then upload pics direct from your PC plus free sales and wants, association members only forum, and a discount from Bender books

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome Adrian.

If anyone might like to take a look at this for me, please email.

Vaughan

Comment

Hi Vaughan, just sent you an email. If you wish I will post the pics on the forum upon your behalf?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Here are the pics posted for Vaughan. I can't say that I am keen on the look of this one. The construction is a bit uneven and not what I would expect quaility wise. Have a look at the second photo that I will post after this one. The backing is very like those patches made in the Sub Continent. I would pass on this one if offered to me.

Cheers, Ade.
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of patch.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
              Reverse of patch.
              I would not buy this. The DLV arm eagles are out there enough if you want something to display with it. Just wait a few months and one will pop up, just takes a little patience.

God Bless,

Gerard

Comment

Hi Vaughan,
                welcome to the forum. I agree with Ade and Gerard the badge in question is not pre 1945, and a little patience will enable you to accquire an original example or may be a stick pin or other D.L.V. item.

Ashley

Comment

Thank You

Many thanks for the opinions, good advice & saving me from my ignorance. As I said, not my area so always pays to be extra cautious.
                  Thanks to Ade for posting the pics, much appreciated!

Vaughan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X