Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..the 87 postcards...

Hi All,

Recently I bought 87 photoes postcard-size on ebay - there was one (1, repeat 1) that I wanted.

After recieving the photoes I realized that there are some quite rare photoes.

So I thought I would post the whole bunch here because some of the insignia is not so easy for me to recognize.

So, here the first, and quite interesting I think:

2 soldiers, the one on the right with shoulderboards for kradschützen batallion 6 Much more evident on the real picture)
    . The other one in a moleskin tunic and what about his cap..?..is that moleskin too..?..it does not look like his friends..
    Attached Files

And how about these boys..?..all from Shützen regimenten..?..4, 8 and unreadable..
    Attached Files

Comment

the 3rd...
      Attached Files

Comment

Funnies...

Here a couple of funny pictures, 2 LW boys, one with the eagle sewn on back to front and the other with eagle on the right side..!!..unless it is also sewn back to front and the photo is mirrored..But as the eagle is correct positioned and facing, it must be ..I dont know what..crazy..
        Attached Files

Comment

How about this looong EKII ribbon..?..and tropical cap..?.

And the officer with a button for nothing on the cap..??..T-insignia..
          Attached Files

Comment

New headgear...

This one must be from a secret unit...or used the doormat as a hat..

..or is there something I do not know..?..
            Attached Files

Comment

..Eisenbahn pionier..!!!..he has the metal devices but should have had embroided..?.
              Attached Files

Comment

What would V 2 be..?..verwaltung..?..
                Attached Files

Comment

Pictures

Nice pictures! The "V2" could be for Versorgung. I have a Foto (in one of Scott Pritchett's books) of an EM wearing "GD V" shoulder straps.

Comment

Regarding the Luftwaffe pictures I have seen a trade patch (drivers badge) that appeared to have been period applied with a reversed swastika. He has an early piped fliegerbluse that was quite probably issued without an eagle. In October 1940 eagles were added, often hand-sewn by the soldiers, or unit tailors. I'm guessing he put this on himself, he may have had extra guard duty shortly afterwards!

Regarding the other Luftwaffe soldier, that is something quite bizarre I haven't seen before. Double guard duty?!

Regards, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
                      Here a couple of funny pictures, 2 LW boys, one with the eagle sewn on back to front and the other with eagle on the right side..!!..unless it is also sewn back to front and the photo is mirrored..But as the eagle is correct positioned and facing, it must be ..I dont know what..crazy..
                      I have a duplicate postcard of the one on the right with the LW guy with the eagle sewn on the wrong side of his flight blouse - I bought it on the e-stand a few years back.

Comment

#6 looks like he put the wife's handbag on his head!

Comment

Love the Krad and Schutzen Photos! Great stuff. Matt

Comment

Aufklärung oder..?..

Here are 5 pictures which I think is from men in Reconnasaince batallions..?..or did I misunderstand something..?.

First ..aufklärungs abt without number..?

Second Aufkl abt 7 (?)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Aufkl abt 23 (überschuhe)
                              Aufkl abt 9 (I think)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X