Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1944 M43 Tunic information

Hey guys,
    just wondering if anyone can give me any info on this tunic (I know it's real) and possibly point me towards some infantry shoulder boards for it. I would also love to know what the color of this tunic is called (if there is a name), thanks.

Very nice Tunic...may i ask why you want to change the boards? these are very nice and probably belongs to the tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
      Very nice Tunic...may i ask why you want to change the boards? these are very nice and probably belongs to the tunic.
      I do believe that to be the case as well, but I just wanted the ability to slip some infantry boards on for display.

Comment

Very nice tunic and matching straps...could be sturmpionieren (assault engineers)
        think infantry with flame throwers...Black is not just bridge builders!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
          Very nice tunic and matching straps...could be sturmpionieren (assault engineers)
          Haha, sound pretty awesome put that way, but still, I don't have a spare flamethrower laying around. Would a normal infantry kit work for this tunic?

Comment

Neat to see a BII depot stamp in a 1944 tunic. Some people thought the depot closed in 1943. Nice tunic with wear from wartime use. The eagles at this time normally were machine sewn.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              Neat to see a BII depot stamp in a 1944 tunic. Some people thought the depot closed in 1943. Nice tunic with wear from wartime use. The eagles at this time normally were machine sewn.
              Do you think the eagle might be reapplied? It looks machine applied to me
              Last edited by DooseHoward; 04-17-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

No, it is hand sewn, compare it to the tabs. I know on rare occasions eagles were hand sewn on late tunics but most were machine sewn.

Comment

Black is fine!

Originally posted by DooseHoward View Post
                  Haha, sound pretty awesome put that way, but still, I don't have a spare flamethrower laying around.
                  Would a normal infantry kit work for this tunic?
                  All I am saying is that ( since you prefer Infantry white) because you apparently want a front line combat impression, the black piping is fine...
                  Assault engineers are infantry (not just rear echelon bridge builders wore black) soldiers with special toys...like flamethrowers but of course not every guy had one,
                  you had the back up, guys who knew how to operate them but were regular infantry protecting them. These guys went after fortifications, bunker busters etc...
                  So it is not a boring waffen farbe....its combat with a punch! That is all I am trying to say! Some wore the special engineers pouches for explosives,
                  but again not all...not necessary!
                  and yes to answer your question: they wore "infantry Kit" ...if there is even such a thing...they wore fighting gear, like anybody else...
                  (but rear echelon guard troops maybe only 1 ammo pouch)...
                  Unless you are worried and trying to avoid a cook impression (at the GulashKanone!), you are fine with black piped shoulderstraps and full gear!
                  its a beautiful match "as presented"! Congrats!
                  Last edited by NickG; 04-17-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Black is fine!

All I am saying is that ( since you prefer Infantry white) because you apparently want a front line combat impression, the black piping is fine...
                    Assault engineers are infantry (not just rear echelon bridge builders wore black) soldiers with special toys...like flamethrowers but of course not every guy had one,
                    you had the back up, guys who knew how to operate them but were regular infantry protecting them. These guys went after fortifications, bunker busters etc...
                    So it is not a boring waffen farbe....its combat with a punch! That is all I am trying to say! Some wore the special engineers pouches for explosives,
                    but again not all...not necessary!
                    and yes to answer your question: they wore "infantry Kit" ...if there is even such a thing...they wore fighting gear, like anybody else...
                    (but rear echelon guard troops maybe only 1 ammo pouch)...
                    Unless you are worried and trying to avoid a cook impression (at the GulashKanone!), you are fine with black piped shoulderstraps and full gear!
                    its a beautiful match "as presented"! Congrats!
                    Thank you so much for the info! I'll keep it as is.

Comment

That's a great looking M43! Post more pics when you have it all set up.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nick View Post
                        That's a great looking M43! Post more pics when you have it all set up.

Frank
                        Will do, should be a couple of days

Comment

Excellent M43!
                          Very unique color, I like it a lot!
                          Glad you're keeping the Pioneer waffenfarbe. I love Pioneers.
                          Congrats on the tunic. Look forward to seeing your display.

-Jeremy

Comment

Agreed and the black stands out so much better on this brownish color...less visible on field gray and even worse on bottle green! This is a perfect match!
                            You would almost thinks its RAD piped...(here RAD sew-ins)
                            http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...s/N020075.html

Comment

Nice tunic! I would definitely leave those boards on it, I really like when tunics come with original matching boards like this

Regards,
                              -Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X