Question about Officer tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Officer tunics

Hey guys, I just made an account here because I have a question about field officer tunics. I was wondering about the differences in officer tunics, such as I have seen some with cuffs and shiny buttons. Then I have seen some without cuffs and with dull buttons.

The reason I ask is because I was trying to buy an officer setup. Repro stuff, so I was looking around at something like this http://www.hessenantique.com/Officer..._p/2111108.htm
    Now this one has the cuffs and shiny buttons. But I have seen photos where the officers have regular tunics with no cuffs and dull buttons. Can anyone give me more info on this discrepancy?

What would be more accurate for a lieutenant type rank that's out in the field? That's the kind of tunic I am looking for.

For an officer field tunic you should get cuffs with painted buttons. I would also aim to get a higher quality private purchase wool as opposed to the factory grade wool as shown in the link.

Comment

An Officer in the field should look IMHO like this

Comment

oberleutnant der Panzertruppe,field promoted.Regular M40,slightly shortened,collar changed to a bottlegreen one with the addition of the Off grade collar tabs.Shortenin' could have been earlier
        Attached Files

Comment

...or something in between.Private tailored one with French cuffs,head turner tabs...you name it,still for field use
          Attached Files

Comment

and something most probably to the rear...
            Attached Files

Comment

I am a reenactor myself(show off mosty,due to certain conditions),whatever you do, if you allow me,do not overload your tunic with medals,shields,and such,not every Leutnant was a war hero from the start...
              Hope that helped
              Notis

Comment

I know that Waffen-SS officers had the option once a year of drawing a tunic from EM stores at no cost for field use. I would assume that Heer officers probably had the same option since the W-SS was modeled after Heer operations. Just offering an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by siton12 View Post
                  I am a reenactor myself(show off mosty,due to certain conditions),whatever you do, if you allow me,do not overload your tunic with medals,shields,and such,not every Leutnant was a war hero from the start...
                  Hope that helped
                  Notis
                  Thank you, great examples. I mainly just get stuff for show/display. Real tunics are beyond my budget, that's why I stick to repros for now. I own about 5 right now, 3 Wehrmacht enlisted, 1 ss NCO, 1 Wehrmacht NCO. I only blinged out my Wehrmacht NCO one because everyone needs at least one blinged out tunic XD

I just want a officer setup so I can display it along with a proper officer crusher cap. I love those things.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X