Interesting POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting POW photos

I love looking at German POW photos, they always seem to show some interesting uniforms.

Take these for example.

Nothing much of interest at first glance.
    Attached Files

But look a bit closer and we can see these NCO's with leather jackets.
    Attached Files

Comment

Why these guys have the Polish eagle on their caps is anyone's guess. The publisher wrote it's because they were trying to claim they were conscripted Polish Nationals in an attempt to fool.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        Why these guys have the Polish eagle on their caps is anyone's guess. The publisher wrote it's because they were trying to claim they were conscripted Polish Nationals in an attempt to fool.
        Isn't that the Schwerter Adler associated with one of the cavalry units? The leather jackets are nice. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

Not a polish eagle at all. Traditional unit badge. As Jim wrote ; cavalery unit ( similar to Leib Husaren Tottenkopf ) badge.

Comment

Oh well, the publisher of the photo got it completely wrong then!

Comment

Bloody hell, they were just kids and either never had or removed their insignia.
              Attached Files

Comment

A few M-44 tunics being worn as well.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

schwedter

i believe i first saw this in the bryan davis book from 1971, 'german army uniforms and insignia, 1933-1945'

Comment

Well, in that case, I've very sorry for boring everyone.

Comment

Not boring at all Ben. I'm always interested seeing photos such as these as well.
                      I just noticed the boy on the end taking a drag from his cigarette like an alte kampfer.
                      Compared to many of us these days he would have been an experienced soldier who most likely saw action.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markg View Post
                        not boring at all ben. I'm always interested seeing photos such as these as well.
                        I just noticed the boy on the end taking a drag from his cigarette like an alte kampfer.
                        Compared to many of us these days he would have been an experienced soldier who most likely saw action.

Regards,

mark

👍

Comment

I also enjoy studying these old POW photos, thanks for posting this Sir.

Comment

There are some great clips on YouTube as well that show all sorts of interesting combos being worn. Matt

Comment

Post # 3 is definitely the Schwerter Adler associated with one of the cavalry units, AA3 wore this in Afrika.

Germany was not the first to use child solders & won't be the last.
                              Those poor kids look just like the child solders of isis....indoctrinated from the begining
                              Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 03-27-2016, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X