Feld-Gendarmerie Tunic Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feld-Gendarmerie Tunic Questions

I am posting this tunic for thoughts and comments since Heer tunics are generally far out of my field of interest being a regular police collector. However, this one belongs to a grouping of a Bavarian Gendarmerie who was served as a Feld-Gendarmerie and was promoted along the way from other ranks to an officer grade, which appears to be during his Feld-Gend. service per the only picture copy I have which appears to be other ranks. Don't know if there is any sign of the cuff band or police sleeve eagle, sort of goes back to discussion of officers wearing or not wearing the cuff. However, I also have a loose cuff band and bullion sleeve eagle from this grouping, possibly removed from this tunic. What's interesting about the picture is that I have the gorget which has the matching wear seen in the photo. Anyhow, I would appreciate your thoughts and comments about the model, the marking, construction etc. The other big question is that I am looking for ball park value since I am trying to be fair on an offer and if you want please PM me your thoughts on this. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave C.; 03-19-2016, 09:22 AM.
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Attached Files
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The picture, unfortunately not the same tunic as mentioned before and how I wish it was...
        Attached Files

Comment

Appears to be a nice original tunic cut in the M 42 style. It's a issue tunic modified for wear by an officer. Better pictures would be nice but I like the insignia and the way it sits on the tunic. I'm sure more experienced collectors will add their comments. WR Jim

Comment

Looks all original to me,very nice!

Interesting to see the 42 cut with a 44 date.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Very nice tunic. Here is a pic that answers some of your questions. Private purchase not em upgrade as in your case. Jacques
              Attached Files

Comment

The tunic is dated 1944 and the orders to stop wearing the arm Eagle (March 1944) and CT for all soldiers about that time. I do not remember the date for the CT to no longer be worn. Before that, officers of the FG are seen not wearing CTs and Police eagles, especially ranks above Lt. I have a later war tunic for a Hauptmann without the CT or arm eagle and an earlier jacket dated 1941 for a FG OberstLt. who was assigned to special police duties in Paris working with the French police and also it never had the CT or police arm eagle.

Comment

Looks like the original factory applied eagle might be underneath the officers bullion eagle
                  Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                  teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                    Private purchase not em upgrade as in your case. Jacques

They both look like EM upgrades to me.

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

The second pic shows a m42 tunic similar to the one that started the thread, J

Comment

Excellent information, pictures, and help, thanks to you all!

So to summarize, it's a M42 tunic that was issued for other ranks and upgrade to officer, which makes sense. Also there was stop wearing orders for the police eagle and cuff band, makes more sense here. And an interesting thought to think the bullion eagle was placed over the other, this I will have to look closer at when and if the tunic makes it my way. Unfortunately I do not have better pics at this time.

Below are a couple more pics of other related items from this grouping. By far my favorite is the converted Gendarmerie side cap!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
                          Excellent information, pictures, and help, thanks to you all!

So to summarize, it's a M42 tunic that was issued for other ranks and upgrade to officer, which makes sense. Also there was stop wearing orders for the police eagle and cuff band, makes more sense here. And an interesting thought to think the bullion eagle was placed over the other, this I will have to look closer at when and if the tunic makes it my way. Unfortunately I do not have better pics at this time.

Below are a couple more pics of other related items from this grouping. By far my favorite is the converted Gendarmerie side cap!
                          Very nice and desirable grouping! Jim

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                            Very nice and desirable grouping! Jim
                            Thanks! another thing I like is that nothing is really 'crispy/minty' in this grouping it all has it's use character. The police bullion eagle is on grey although someone coated the darn thing to stop the oxidation, the cuff band has it's mothing, the tunic has collar wear, the gorget has it's wear...but I like it all since it's been truly worn!

Comment

Forgot a couple other Feld-Gend connected pieces, I have about 65 pics and three maps, one of which traces his route across the Ukraine. Pictures are related to his FG days, someday I just have to figure out the names and points to make the connections.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X