Panzer-grenadier EM Litzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dye jobs

I have a MG Battalion 2 Waffenrock tunic that was originally white piped. The owner evidently took it to a tailor and had all the piping dyed green and the embroidery on the shoulder straps too. This unit went to Afrika early on.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Gliederung.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SSGJoe View Post
      But afrikasandman, why is there an Obergefreiter patch on the left sleeve of an officers feldbluse?
      Which jacket?

The green cotton duct one I posted above is simply an private purchase piece/custom made. You didn't have to be an officer/NCO to buy your own stuff, how you spend your money is your deal. Matt

Comment

Afrikasandman,
        I have just never seen many enlisted men wear officer tunics. I knew Enlisted men could buy their own stuff. Just never seen one with officer tunic. Well, the more you know. thanks for sharing!

Comment

I wouldn't call these officer jackets, just light weight summer tunics. I see just as many NCO tunics like this if not more NCO light weight tunics than Officers but here are a few more of mine. The Pz set is no longer mine as I sold it to fund a jacket that ended up being a put together jacket in my opinion. But it gives a nice flavor of shades and what not. Matt
          Attached Files

Comment

The restored PzGrn is to a highly decorated Hauptmann, earned a BWB,SWB, GWB, TDB, EK1, EK2, PAB if im not mistaken off the top of my head. I have his records at home and am trying to get his documents back together and his continental tunic. Grouping was split up by Winkler about 2 years ago or so. He was in the 9th Pz Div and I need to do a thread on his stuff. Matt
            Attached Files

Comment

That lighter colored feldbluse is quite a piece.

Comment

Joe,

its a very interesting one, I need to get his records back together if at all possible. The grouping consisted of this jacket that was stripped, his continental tunic with TDB, a parade helmet, a coat and all his documents.

Earned the close combat clasp, ek2 and ek1 on the same day, PAB, BWB, SWB, GWB

The person who owns or at least used to own his continental tunic has an account on here but hasn't been on in a long time and I emailed and PMed him and got no response. The Soldiers name is/was Siegfried Sadtler and he ended the war as a Hauptmann and a kampfgrupfuhrer! He survived the war and was a doctor and had a couple of kids. I thought about trying to see if he was still alive or if his kids were but I would assume if Kai had the group they didn't want anything to do with it.

The jacket is restored with his original boards that were sold as well and the member I got it from also scored a second set of his slip ons. He then had the tunic restored, the eagle is a replacement but it still has a nice look about it. Matt

Comment

It is a piece of history. It is a beautiful uniform. Haven't seen too many like that, but I mainly look at field uniforms.

Comment

Oh, and Schulterklappen, would you mind posting a picture of your waffenrock?

Comment

Afrikasandman, I just read on these forums that last year, Herr Sadtler's award documents were being sold by a Kai Winkler I'm assuming that this is the Kai you are talking about. I just thought I should inform you just in case you were unaware. Do you know who is in posession of these documents right now?

Comment

No hence the post last night. I do know the name of the person on the WAF who bought the continental tunic but thats about it. Matt

Comment

I was talking about the person who bought Sadtler's award documents, which were also sold by Kai.

Comment

as I stated above, No I don't . Hence the reason I started the thread last night. I have no idea where the award documents, the coat and the parade helmet went. I know the other tunic ended up in South Carolina but again that is it. I would like to get these all back together if possible. Matt

Comment

That is not an "officer's field blouse", just a light weight private purchase tunic. The French cuffs were often a feature on these types of tunics regardless of rank.

Here are some tailor mounted tabs in a lighter green compared to a more traditional GJ/Jager color. The light green is closer to the Schutzen OKH designated color found on probe insignia.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here are the backs as I know someone will ask. The white powder on the tabs is dust from the cases. I probably should clean some decade .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X