Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform Set M43 Tunic with Steingraue Hose

Goodmorning,

Recently I have bought this set from a collector.

It is an M43 Tunic, with Infantry collar patches and Infantry shoulder boards.
    The Koppelhaken-holes are not round, see photos...this model should be late war made. Probably the original owner was a small guy, because the tunic is shortened.
    (pockets have been placed higher too)

The Trousers are steingraue model, nice used.

I would be interested to know, is this uniform original? Any details about this set? the koppelhaken-holes?

Looking forward in receiving your opinions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140121823@N06

interesting tunic...

i have only seen those holes on latewar HBT tunics before

Imo the tunic is an shortened orginal with replaced insignia.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I'm not an expert on tunics but I do own a very used M43 tunic. Comparing your photos with mine I'd say that I think yours looks original. There are some minor differences in construction but that could be just different manufacturers. It looks like yours is missing the 4 inside straps to attach the equipment belt hooks? Based on your photos it looks original to me. I'm sure you'll receive more opinions from more knowledgeable members. Perhaps some photos of the underside of the collar and the back of the tunic would be helpful? I'm not sure if the insignia has been postwar applied.

Regards,
      Frank

Comment

Hello Frank and Daniel,thank you for your replies. I have made some photos from the collar and also one from the back and put them on the attached Flickr account.

Indeed the 4 insides straps are removed, perhaps because they became useless when the jacket was shortened?

Comment

i see that you added some photos.

Can you take a closeup of the area behind the collar where tabs are sewn, and some closeups on the eagle?

Comment

Hello Daniel, close-up of the backside of the Collar and Eagle I have just added, no indication that the Collar patches have been post-war reapplied. (then some damage should be seen to the fabric)

Comment

Hello,

Some more close shots of the shoulder boards and the collar tabs would be nice. I like the overall tunic. I would be very highly surprised to have first pattern Infantry collar tabs factory applied to an M43 tunic though.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                Hello,

I would be very highly surprised to have first pattern Infantry collar tabs factory applied to an M43 tunic though.

Fred
                And also the placement on those is strange too, but stranger things has happened.

We still need better pics...closeups.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                  interesting tunic...

i have only seen those holes on latewar HBT tunics before

Imo the tunic is an shortened orginal with replaced insignia.
                  Hi Daniel,
                  your tnic looks good from where I stand and those holes are legit!The tunic has been shortened and the pockets sewn ion the holes!
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    Hello,

Some more close shots of the shoulder boards and the collar tabs would be nice. I like the overall tunic. I would be very highly surprised to have first pattern Infantry collar tabs factory applied to an M43 tunic though.

Fred
                    I just added detailed photos of the shoulder boards and collar patches...

Comment

trousers

Hello guys.

What about the Trousers?

Original Steingraue Hose (Trousers)?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick2671 View Post
                        Hello guys.

What about the Trousers?

Original Steingraue Hose (Trousers)?
                        For photos of the Trousers, click here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140121823@N06

Comment

It seems that the trousers has been "turned" , reusing too much used cloth ?
                          Is the inside more used than the outside ?
                          The Back pocket is on the wrong side and you have traces of the previous watch pocket on the left side of the trousers ?
                          Nick

Comment

Hello Nick,

I think you are indeed right, inside is more worn then outside

That must have been a H#ll of a job...was that done often?

Comment

It was done not only for trousers but for caps , jackets ...
                              Everything was also done to save material : helmets,equipments,weapons ...
                              Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X