eagles for summeruniform. question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eagles for summeruniform. question?

Can you tell me Which metal are these Eagles made? What price do they have?

http://www.sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=161863

I cant see the pictures in your link whitout loading additional stuff and it would be better that you include them directly in the post so they do not dissapear later.

The Heer & KM used the same type of eagle and the Luftwaffe had its own design. However in general, if I understand your question correctly:

1) Like german awards these eagles exist in different metals that seem to follow the TR's fortunes of war. I have some in brass/tombac, aluminum, cupal, zink and what appears like alloys.

2) Prices vary greatly depending on source, type, condition, metal etc so it is difficult to generalize

I hope this helps a bit

JC

Comment

and are there gold-plated eagles? The real gold?

Comment

Maybe someone else knows for sure but in my opinion even if some of these eagles look really nice I doubt they would use real gold to plate what is nothing more than a mass produced piece of uniform insignia. I have attached front pictures of 3 different "gold" specimens from my collection: the 2 top eagles are frosted gilded brass (sometime referred to as "fire gilding") with polished highlights and the third one is gold colour anodized aluminum. A lot of later variations just have what looks like a painted finish so there is quite a range of shades/tones for these gold birds depending on maker and period

JC
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jean-Claude; 02-12-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X