X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...db=kat67_r.txt

This is the lot...

Comment

Wow Hermann Historica could not figure out that the shoulderboards are NVA???
      Surprising!

"Slip-on shoulder boards for the rank of a captain, non-matching combination, possibly replaced by captured items".

DDR captured!

Comment

I believe they honestly meant what they wrote: it would have been easier to just remove the shoulder boards or replace them than selling the jacket with DDR boards...

I find that shocking for their reputation. If they can't identify DDR boards (the pips are screaming it), how to trust them with high end copies?

Comment

Can someone post the entire item description in German?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            Can someone post the entire item description in German?

"Jacke aus grobem Wollstoff, Brusttaschen ohne Quetschfalten, kurzer Bund. Vernähter, maschinengewebter Hoheitsadler auf typischem dreieckigen Grundtuch, vernähte Einheitskragenspiegel. Schulterstücke zum Schlaufen im Dienstgrad Hauptmann in unrichtiger Zusammenstellung bzw. aus Beutebeständen ergänzt. Am rechten Ärmel und Rückenteil mit einigen Löchern. Dazu feldgraue Hose, Material wie vor, im Bund Kammer- bzw. Herstellerstempel von 1942. Beide Teile mit deutlichen Alters- und Tragespuren bzw. stockfleckig oder verfärbt. Selten. "

Comment

? If the slip on shoulder boards had been correct third Reich captain boards
              and not DDR, would the collar tabs be accurate for this rank....or did it matter
              this late in the war?

Comment

Everything was possible at this point of the war but period photo show that officers were mostly still wearing officer collar tabs.

Anyway, with slip-on tabs, no-one can tell if boards have been changed since the war or not (unless they are DDR, then we know they have ! )

Comment

Thanks for posting that. I do not have a log-in for that site. It does not say anything about the boards being DDR or replaced insignia, the implication is that the pips are in "unrichtiger Zusammenstellung bzw.", or the "incorrect placement (on both sides)" implying they are original WWII but just not placed correctly. Someone really made a bad mistake.

Were the pants real? I love "im Bund Kammer"
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maxoumilitaria, thanks for the reply. Most photos I've seen also show officers
                    with officer collar tabs.
                    I asked because I have a salty M43 tunic which didn't have shoulder boards and
                    I recently found a pair of salty Oberleutnant boards that would look good on my tunic.

Back to the topic, is this M44 tunic original and what is the issue with the button holes?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X