Question About A Couple Armbands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About A Couple Armbands...

Digging into my collection and going through things I haven't looked at in decades I came across these.

Got them around 1976 with a couple helmets and an iron cross, all of which were genuine. Came from a vet who was a collector but none of them were personal bring backs, just items from his collection.

I always seriously wondered about the red armband because it was just in amazing condition for something that was from the 30s or 40s and it wasn't constructed like any other armband I had ever seen before. The black armband looked like a lot of other armbands I had seen, except of course it was black. I have never seen a black armband like it before or since and have no idea what it is.

Anyway, all opinions welcome, I just need to know one way or the other what I have or don't have.

Both are reproductions IMO. Printing quality isn't there on the red NSDAP, should be more bleed through of the ink. The black one's construction is just off. A black armband did exist however, and was worn by the NSDAP-N (National-Sozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei - Nordschleswig) in Denmark. Attached is a picture of a leader type with white piping in wear. There is an original posted a while back somewhere on here. The wearer is Jens Moller, the leader of the movement.
    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X