JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copper and Light brown M44 shoulder boards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the second image, it would not let me load both above for some reason.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      The single is the same as the one I posted. Here are two images (taken with and without a flash) of more copper brown examples compared to the late war Bau board with the slide and an NCO bau board on the right. I think the piping is the same as your pair?
      Thanks for the pictures Johnny!! The more I look at it, the more I have the feeling the pair is Copper brown and the single board Light brown.

Now I'm looking forward to Jerry's answer concerning the Luftwaffe Nachrichten piping.

Comment

I was hoping someone would answer my question in post #10. Since it appears it will not be answered, I thought I add to the discussion by postiing a link to another thread with similar content for reference. There are some other good examples posted in that thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=ss+recon

Comment

Concerning your question post #10 I would let Jerry answer it as I don't possess this piping he speaks about.

Concerning the link to that interesting discussion, I already posted it in the post #1

Comment

Here you go. Luft piping next to black he panzer signals board, copper brown, and bau.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jerry. I must say that at the end it might well be the same piping (mine looks somehow darker but it might also be your picture: some of the pics I took showed this same flashy orange ton)!

How do you know for sure this is Luftwaffe Nachrichten ? Was the label still on the roll ?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

But in all honesty these colors are so close that I think in wartime they used what they had. We collectors stratify everything so it is convenient for us. I think textbook wise the copperbrown, bau brown are very different. But then I have feldgrau and black boards that have very different shades in the mixture. If it's on a black board it really can only be a few things, arm recon (any service branch), ss kz, or luft HG panzer signals. The feldgrau is where the confusion comes in. Throw in high end fakes and things get awfully confusing. Comes down to if you are comfortable with it after every angle is considered in the end.

Comment

Max
                  Send me your address and I will send you a bit to compare. But as I stated above, they very well could be real. Just make sure the construction makes you feel comfident. Compare with your other m44 boards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X