Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plausible awards on this tunic?

Hi everyone,

I have a tunic with 4 loopholes on the breastpocket. These are under eachother. Is this combination possible? With an IAB and the wound badge? I can't remember seeing pictures of the medals being worn like this. Normally the wound badge is being worn left from the iab, or when a soldier had many medals the assault badge was worn left from the EKI and wound badge. But that seems awkward to me with this tunic.

Thats a good combination you see all sorts of where the awards go

Comment

This combination is possible IMO.
      Take a look at this beautiful thread,there's a lot of portrait pics with many awards placement:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=101861

Comment

Post 6864/ page 596 ....and uncommon placement of Ostmedaille ribbon too in this pic!
        Last edited by Oldtimerguns; 12-23-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I would say Iron cross and Infantry badge?

Comment

Almost ANYTHING is possible. You could stick a pilot badge on there even. Or the WB above the IAB. Some crazy combinations in period photos.

I usually go on what awards I have available for display and what is likely depending on the rank, branch, loop spacing and button hole ribbons etc.

What rank is your tunic?
            Last edited by Adam S.; 12-23-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I also have 2 sets of loops below each other...
              Attached Files

Comment

Seeing the spacing of the loops without awards often gives a good clue.

IAB loops are usually set further apart than EKI loops etc.

Comment

Here are two that I own with similar configuration.

Regards,
                  Bob
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll take a picture of the loopholes without awards tomorrow. Hopefully that will tell us more.

The tunic is from an infantry Leutnant. There is/has never been a ribbon for the ostmedaille nor are there any loops for a spange. Given that, he was most probably born in 1922 or 1923 and came at the front somewhere in 1942, proved to be a good soldier and went to an Offizieren-Lehrgang to become an officer. There was a great shortage of (lower) officiers at this point in the war.
                    What is certain is that he fought in Russia and Belorussia until his regiment was destroyed in june 1944 at Mogilew and that he received the wound badge (black or silver is anybody's guess).

Comment

There really was quite an array of award combos that you see when you study period photos. So for the most part, you can put anything that you want there and it's plausible. If you want most common configuration, period photos will help you out there as well.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
                        There really was quite an array of award combos that you see when you study period photos. So for the most part, you can put anything that you want there and it's plausible. If you want most common configuration, period photos will help you out there as well.

J-
                        All is said, I don't know if your tunic is named but if it is the case you have a "little chance" to learn something more about it. Otherwise you can only suppose, that's why your first configuration should not be bad.

Regards.

Comment

Here is a photo of the loopholes.

And the tunic is not named unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimerguns View Post
                            All is said, I don't know if your tunic is named but if it is the case you have a "little chance" to learn something more about it. Otherwise you can only suppose, that's why your first configuration should not be bad.

Regards.
                            Not my tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
                              Not my tunic.

Of course not, I was talking about jurggie's tunic. Sorry, misunderstanding there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X