Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Greatcoat with a hidden surprise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Greatcoat with a hidden surprise!!!

I just bought this late war greatcoat and was surprised to find in one of the pockets some old tramway tickets from Czecholsovakia. You can see that on the back of these there is German and Czech information. I didn't know what to make of it at first but then I did some investigating online. Stadtwerke prag, which it says on the back, is what the transportation system was called between 1942-1945.After the war they renamed the transportation system. These tickets have been sitting in the greatcoat all these years untouched. To me that's pretty remarkable that no one has even bothered to look in the pockets. I just had to share this with you guys because this sort of thing doesn't happen every day and I think it's a cool find!!! I'm sure there is a cool story with it as well!!
    Attached Files

more...
    Attached Files

Comment

One more ...
      Attached Files

Comment

Left items.

Always nice to find an item that links the clothing to the owner and the past. Have found a ticket in some parade trousers and a safety pin deep inside a winter jacket. Regards David.

Comment

Comment

Cool bonus...I found a 1945 dated San Francisco Trolley ticket in a US Ike Jacket
            and a complete dog tag (Erkennungsmarke) and French war time coins in the lining of a (fully lined) RAD officers tunic...
            It got trapped there because there was a hole on the pocket !
            and behind the collar of a greatcoat I found pinned an HJ diamond pin (hidden under the closure tab)

Always fun finding such extra's...

Comment

Very cool item. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Nice greatcoat! I like them and they display well with gear, etc. Very cool to have the tickets included. They add a nice personal touch!

Frank

Comment

First thing I do when I receive a uniform item is check every corner of every pocket. Always neat to find those hidden away details.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X