Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Einheitslitzen with backing

Hi guys,

Just saw these collar tabs on Mario's website. The Einheitslitzen look legit but I'm interested in reading your opinions about the backing. Was adding a backing used by soldiers to give their uniform a nicer look ?

Thanks

Max
    Attached Files

Hello,

Yes, that is why I believe they are backed. There are some backed pairs out there without any dark green material folded underneath. I believe that these were unfinished admin tabs for the lower grade.

Fred

Comment

Thanks Fred! Do you have a picture (or a link) to check these unfinished admin boards ?

Best,

Max

Comment

I agree and have seen this done often to "dress up" the later normal issue EM/NCO Litzen. I have several walking out tunics where they did this the give the later tunics that appearance of pre and early war uniforms. There are many pictures showing this on the WA.

Comment

Hello Max,

I am sorry to say that I do not.

Fred

Comment

OK thanks, I will look for it !

Comment

Hello Max,

I am at a friends house and he has a pair of the collar tabs I was talking about. They are the first pattern of the einheits tabs but you can see what I mean.

Fred
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a pair of late war feldpost tabs for the lower career. Thes have the fold under though.

Fred
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is another pair I have at home.

Fred
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot Fred !

Comment

I have also some of these tabs, but i don´t believe, that they are all unfinished admin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

and some with the really nice green as found on some sleevebadges like Jäger
                        or Schirrmeister.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Andi the tabs that I believe are unfinished admin tabs are the collar tabs without any green material folded under. I believe the reason that they are unfinished admin is because without the green material folded under it left room for a piping with a tail to be sewn on. The feldpost tabs have green material folded under and piping sewn directly around it. The piping does not have a tail.

Fred

Comment

Ah, ok.
                              I have some of these tabs without folded material too. But without the litzen.
                              When you sew some paspel at the edge you have to fold them after the sewing. In this case the backing is too big.

I have seen more than one pair of these odd tabs. Did anyone have such tabs, sewn on a tunic?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X