field grey wool fur lined winter coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I had one like yours, with RFV marks and trace of armband.
    Attached Files

Comment

Zoll armband:
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes good match...Customs Zoll Piece which has been shortened. I forgot about those!
        I am even familiar with that period image. The tag still shows "Reichs Finanz Verwaltung: (RFV) ink stamp
        and traces of the Cuff title as you pointed out.
        Luke, does your coat show traces of such a customs cuff title on the left sleeve?
        NickG
        Last edited by NickG; 01-03-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

thanks anmar, but there is no rework evidence at all (closed button holes etc). golgott that picture is a bullseye! thank you for the info. question is whether this is a RFV zoll specific pattern greatcoat, or a heer-wide one subject to various services. shall check cuff trace nick.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            Yes good match...Customs Zoll Piece which has been shortened. I forgot about those!
            re shortened, both coats seem the same (length thread starter and zoll pic)
            and my one hasnt been shortened. proportions are the same, suggests original as-made length.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
              re shortened, both coats seem the same (length thread starter and zoll pic)
              and my one hasnt been shortened. proportions are the same, suggests original as-made length.
              You are right, not shortened after all...Probably just a smaller size...and angle of picture....and the pockets sit in a much different
              position...and shorter sleeves... which made it look 3/4 length to me... Just different proportions...
              but its bone stock customs and full length. You can even see the original hem seam at the bottom!
              It is 100% Zoll specific...check for traces of a cuff title!
              Not that other branches could have obtained these but it is not generic...The Zoll-RFV did become W-SS controlled towards the end of the war and even replaced their zoll cuff titles with W-SS sleeve eagles...So perhaps an SS soldier could have had access to this inventory...
              but like GOLLGOTT identified it correctly it is a customs specific style coat!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 01-03-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I have sold mine on estand some years ago. Here is 2 others pictures, same construction.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yeah it is a dead ringer Zoll! Good eye!

Usually with such resin buttons and field gray painted metal rimmed flat buttons and sometimes standard army metal pebbled (smaller) buttons as shown.
                  See period images with fur collars! (Credits go to as tagged)
                  They of course also wore regular M36 Heer style mantels with bottle green collars and late in the war SS great coats, with SS sleeve eagles even.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 01-03-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

thanks VERY much gents for your enthusiasm and pictures. much appreciated. learnt something here! shall study for cuff title/ss eagle traces and report back.

Comment

cuff title tracking to left lower sleeve
                      Attached Files

Comment

cuff2
                        Attached Files

Comment

Its a nice coat...hard to say if wartime done or postwar..but either way..a nice piece you dont see often.and the lining does look like what was used wartime in many many other coats.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                            Its a nice coat...hard to say if wartime done or postwar...
                            what do you mean...the cuff title sewing traces?!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X