Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry Officer Tunic

Hi guys.
    Just came across this officer tunic. If everything is OK with it I will add it as the first tunic in my humble collection.
    Collar is stitched in an unknown way for me and regimental number is also in an unusual place, but I like its overall appearance
    Any opinion on it will be appreciated.
    Sorry about the blurry pics, I couldn't get a better ones.
    Pedro

Last edited by pedroMM; 11-16-2015, 12:09 PM.

Looks nice,...the shoulder boards might have been resewn, or are just little loose. I think i see some sewing thread there.

Comment

Thank you for your kind opinion.
      Fortunately, when hand-inspected there is no sewing thread on the shoulder boards.

Comment

As you noted the rank pip normally was worn under the numbers. This is something very rare to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          As you noted the rank pip normally was worn under the numbers. This is something very rare to see.
          I reallized that, but both the shoulder boards and the devices look ok to me, so I don't see a big problem here.
          Perhaps it was made by someone after the war ( maybe trying to upgrade it?) or even exist the possibility that our officer wore his tunic in that way IMO.
          Regards
          Pedro
          Last edited by pedroMM; 11-16-2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

It would be very very unusual to see this worn against regulations during the War but it is up to you what you decide to buy and collect.

Comment

Nice and original tunic Pedro, I agree with unusual numbers position.

Comment

Thank you guys for your opinions
                My thoughts are towards someone adding the rank pip or the figures, IMO trying to upgrade the tunic.
                I will also check again that shoulder boards are not resewn
                Regards
                Pedro

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X