Knight's Cross with Oakleaves recipients Panzer tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Cross with Oakleaves recipients Panzer tunic

I'm thinking about putting this Panzer tunic on the e-stand but have no idea what to ask for it, I've been unable to find any Knights Cross with Oakleaves recipients tunics for sale anywhere on the net. What would you think would be a good ball park figure to start with, have you seen anything else similar for sale? Any help on valuation would be greatly appreciated.

The tunic is named to Hans Engelien and dated January 1942.The tunic itself is I believe quite a scarce pattern. Hans Engelien was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant and one of only 882 recipients of the Knights Cross with Oak leaves, he was also awarded the Iron Cross 1st and 2nd class, Eastern front medal, Infantry assault badge, German Cross in Gold, Honour Roll Clasp of the Army. He was commander of Panzergrenadier-Regiment 25 which he led in Kurland ,and was listed as missing in action on the 9th of May 1945.

Hans Engelien's tunic and photograph of him wearing his awards.
    Attached Files

Wilhelm Holters named makers labels
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kenny andrew; 11-14-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

rank insignia
      Attached Files

Comment

award loops for Knights Cross
        Attached Files

Comment

award loops for German Cross , you can also see where the cloth version was attached
          Attached Files

Comment

inner tunic again showing where the cloth DK was attached
            Attached Files

Comment

breast eagle and award loops for ribbon bar
              Attached Files

Comment

shoulder strap and close up of eagle
                Attached Files

Comment

front and back of tunic
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can't help you on value, but that is one beautiful Holters tunic.
                    I have one with the tag with the same handwriting and acceptance stamp. Just one thing that I notice though...the name 'Hans' has been added at a later date by a different hand, using a different pen. On the plus side, it doesn't look as if any attaempt has been made to duplicate the original handwriting, so it may well be period...were there any other RK/DK holders with the name of 'Engelien'?

Comment

...and the same handwriting...

Edit: Actually, on closer inspection, the 'Hans' on your tag could very well be in the same hand, but written with an italic fine nib, which would automatically give the lettering a less rounded appearance.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by J C Gray; 11-14-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

One more question; is it acceptable to have the DK applied so low on the tunic?

Comment

Thanks John as far as I know he was the only Engelien, I wonder what the Klotz stamp is ? maybe the name of the tailor who worked for Holters, seems quite likely if the handwriting is the exact same as on yours. With regard to the positioning of the DK usually they were higher but I have no problem with this at all.

Comment

Yes, 'Klotz' would be the surname of whoever passed the tunic.

Comment

Pricing

Kenny,
                              Great tunic!!
                              For what it is worth I sold an oberst waffenrock with pants RK holder several yrs ago for 5000.00
                              I realize prices have changed up and down since then, but to have a panzer piped walking out tunic belonging to RK/Eichl. holder is pretty rare
                              Take care
                              steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X