Hussar skull tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hussar skull tab

This tab and skull were deemed "fake" by another forum member, who, not only suggested that I post it for discussion, has the ability to remove my posts and change my estand sale category.
    I believe this Hussar skull and non-uv reactive tab is legit,
    used during the Third Reich?
    I don't know.

Informed comments welcome.

Cheers,
    Pauli
    Attached Files

tab

,,referenced here: posts #68 and #69
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=520317&page=5
    Attached Files

Comment

tab, last

thanks again

Pauli
      Attached Files

Comment

old skull insignia on odd tab

,,also referenced here..
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=skull+tab

cheers,
        Pauli

Comment

I am unsure of the period of manufacture on these skulls (Imperial, III Reich)
          But they were certainly used during the III Reich.
          Kavallerie-regiment 5 certainly used this type of skull, on shoulder straps and
          also on M34 overseas caps (as shown in period photos, and possibly on other
          headgear)
          I have never encountered one on a panzer collar tab, but I would not be surprised if they were. The Braunschweiger skull of the Imperial Hussars
          was used on panzer tabs, and its use is well documented in period photos.
          Perhaps one day a photo showing your type of skull will turn up and document
          its use on panzer tabs as well...
          Incidentally, the tab you show is, IMO, original. The "HBT" Weave cord piping
          is a variation that was used (albeit unpopular with collectors who prefer the more "textbook" early wool or synthetic rayon pipings)

Again, my posting above is my opinion, and everyone has one...however, in this hobby, an opinion should be tendered by someone with reasonable (and, ideally, substantial) knowledge of the subject matter.
          i.e., I would not venture an opinion on this forum about daggers since I
          have no in depth knowledge about them.

Chris Varrichio
          longislandercjv
          zoods@aol.com

Comment

tk tab

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
            I am unsure of the period of manufacture on these skulls (Imperial, III Reich)
            But they were certainly used during the III Reich.
            Kavallerie-regiment 5 certainly used this type of skull, on shoulder straps and
            also on M34 overseas caps (as shown in period photos, and possibly on other
            headgear)
            I have never encountered one on a panzer collar tab, but I would not be surprised if they were. The Braunschweiger skull of the Imperial Hussars
            was used on panzer tabs, and its use is well documented in period photos.
            Perhaps one day a photo showing your type of skull will turn up and document
            its use on panzer tabs as well...
            Incidentally, the tab you show is, IMO, original. The "HBT" Weave cord piping
            is a variation that was used (albeit unpopular with collectors who prefer the more "textbook" early wool or synthetic rayon pipings)

Again, my posting above is my opinion, and everyone has one...however, in this hobby, an opinion should be tendered by someone with reasonable (and, ideally, substantial) knowledge of the subject matter.
            i.e., I would not venture an opinion on this forum about daggers since I
            have no in depth knowledge about them.

Chris Varrichio
            longislandercjv
            zoods@aol.com
            ,,thanks Chris, I knew I wasn't losing it.
            I've seen this insignia, sans tab, in several advanced collections.

cheers,
            Pauli

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X